Meats,Main Dish,Meatloaf,Chicken

Patty_WVJanuary 1, 2013

1.__________________________________________________________

Butterflied and grilled Greek leg of lamb

Posted by: san_ (My Page) on Wed, Nov 20, 02 at 18:43

Butterflied and grilled Greek leg of lamb NOTE: I buy a half leg of lamb, bone it and halve the herb rub ingredients. If marinating overnight, I suggest not adding the salt until just before grilling it, as it was more salty than we like. If you have leftovers, slice the meat and bring it to room temperature and serve over a bed of salad greens or better yet, use it for stuffed grape leaves (dolmathes)! For herb rub 8 garlic cloves, 3 tablespoons chopped fresh thyme leaves, 2 tablespoons chopped fresh rosemary leaves, 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley leaves, 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, 1 tablespoon coarse salt, 3 tablespoons olive oil, a 7- to 8-pound leg of lamb, trimmed of all fat, boned, and butterflied by butcher (4 to 4 3/4 pounds boneless) 1 lemon Make herb rub: Finely chop garlic and in a small bowl stir together with remaining herb-rub ingredients. Put lamb in a large dish and with tip of a sharp small knife held at a 45-degree angle cut 1/2-inch-deep slits all over lamb, rubbing herb mixture into slits and all over lamb. Marinate lamb at room temperature 1 hour. Prepare grill. Lightly pat lamb dry. On a lightly oiled rack set 5 to 6 inches over glowing coals grill lamb about 10 minutes on each side, or until an instant-read thermometer horizontally inserted into thickest part of meat registers 125°F for medium-rare. (Alternatively, roast lamb in a roasting pan in middle of a 425°F oven about 25 minutes, or until an instant-read thermometer horizontally inserted into meat registers 125°F for medium-rare.) Transfer lamb to a cutting board. Halve and seed lemon. Squeeze juice over lamb and let stand, loosely covered with foil, 15 minutes. Cut lamb into slices and serve with any juices that have accumulated on cutting board. Serves 8.

Gourmet July1999

Gourmet Entertains

2.__________________________________________________________

Chicken with Artichokes and White Wine

Posted by: Linda_inTennessee (My Page) on Sun, Dec 1, 02 at 17:37

a few recipes from my cookbook to my children and very best friends: Chicken with Artichokes and White Wine 4 Servings 4 skinless boneless chicken breast halves, All purpose flour, 1/4 cup ( 1/2 stick ) butter, 12-18 green globe baby artichokes trimmed to hearts and quartered, (((or 2 boxes frozen hearts, defrosted))) 1 cup chopped onion, 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning, 1 3/4 cups canned low-salt chicken broth, 1 cup dry white wine

Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper; dust with flour. Melt butter in heavy large skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken to skillet and saute until brown, about 3 minutes per side. Using tongs, transfer chicken to plate. Add artichokes, onion and Italian seasoning to skillet. Saute until onion is tender, about 6 minutes. Add broth and...

More Discussions
Hors dOeuvres,Appetizers
1.__________________________________________________________ Dads...
Patty_WV
Soup,Stew,Chili
1.__________________________________________________________ Asparagus...
Patty_WV
Pastries
1._________________________________________________________ Raspberry...
Patty_WV
Miscellaneous
1.__________________________________________________________ Mom's...
Patty_WV
Vegetable Dishes
1._________________________________________________________ Butternut...
Patty_WV
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™