Soup,Stew,Chili

Patty_WVJanuary 1, 2013

1.__________________________________________________________

Asparagus and Leek Soup

Posted by: san_ (My Page) on Wed, Nov 20, 02 at 18:21

Asparagus and Leek Soup over low heat, saute: 2 finely chopped leeks in a little butter or olive oil then add: 2# chopped asparagus, 2 cloves chopped garlic, 2 C chicken broth, 1 C water

when the veggies are very tender, puree them in a blender. return this to the stock pot and if you like it, stir in 1/2 C of sour cream. slowly reheat and add a little salt and pepper to taste.

2._________________________________________________________

Chilled Soup of Mixed Peas

Chilled Soup of Mixed Peas

¼# snap peas, blanched and julienned, ¼ C butter, 2 minced shallots, 2# shelled peas, 2 C chicken stock, 2 C half and half, ½ C sour cream, lemon juice, salt & pepper, basil

Melt butter in a saucepanadd shallots and sauté for a minute or two. Add peas. Reduce heat to low and cook about 5 minutes. Raise heat to high and add the chicken stock. Bring to a simmer, reduce the heat and cook 2 minutes. Blend in a blender until smooth and chill thoroughly.

Whisk together the half and half and sour cream and pour this into the soup. Season with a squirt or two of lemon juice, salt and pepper and add a little shredded or dried basil. Garnish with the pea pods and serve.

Notes: the above is fairly thick and creamy. You can substitute no fat half and half (which is pretty high in sugars) and no-fat sour cream. The flavor is still quite good but it is a little thinner, both in consistency, as well as flavor

3.__________________________________________________________

Mom's Parsley Soup

Mom's Parsley Soup Combine and simmer for about 30 minutes: 4 C diced potatoes (3 chefs or 5 or 6 regular ones), 1 C diced onions, 1/4 C butter, 1/4 tsp curry powder, 1 T worcestershire sauce, 1 ½ C water, After cooling the above mixture a little, pour it into an osterizer, adding about 1/2 C of milk and blend until it's VERY smooth. heat in a small saucepan: 2 ½ C chopped parsley, 3 C chicken stock, (the parsely and stock can be put through an osterizer or blended with a "power stick" but i prefer to leave it with a little texture) stir the parsley/stock into the potato/stock, and season with salt and pepper. check to see if it needs thinning with a little more milk. at this point, you can chill it or reheat just to the boiling point for serving. this will serve 8 easily.

4._________________________________________________________

Wild Mushroom Soup

Posted by: MQmoi (My Page) on Tue, Nov 26, 02 at 18:15

As promised, here's the Wild Mushroom Soup recipe that got raves at the Autumnfest meal. It is from The Trellis Cookbook. I made it using Chanterelle mushrooms. If you read the Chef's notes, you will get other ideas, e.g., I made part of the soup...

More Discussions
Complete Dinner Menu
1.__________________________________________________________ Dinner...
Patty_WV
Dressings,Sauces,
1.__________________________________________________________ CREAMY...
Patty_WV
Meats,Main Dish,Meatloaf,Chicken
1.__________________________________________________________ Butterflied...
Patty_WV
Casseroles
1.__________________________________________________________ Pastitsio Posted...
Patty_WV
Breakfast
1.__________________________________________________________ Lemon-Ricotta...
Patty_WV
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™