Cookalong -#46 Poultry

ann_tJanuary 1, 2013

Cookalong #46-------POULTRY

Posted by wizardnm (My Page) on Mon, Apr 23, 12 at 16:53

AnnT has picked poultry for this Cookalong and I'm sure everyone has cooked chicken, turkey, duck or Cornish hens many times. Please share your tried and true recipes.

Grilled, roasted, fried, stewed, sautéed? Let's make this one of the best Cookalongs ever. I know that I am always looking for a new recipe for chicken!

Nancy

Here is a link that might be useful: Cookalong #45---------CHILI!!

Follow-Up Postings:

o RE: Cookalong #46-------POULTRY clip this post email this post what is this?

see most clipped and recent clippings

Posted by ann_t (My Page) on Mon, Apr 23, 12 at 19:14

I have so many favourite chicken, turkey, duck, etc. recipes. I'll start with this one first.

Chicken Breasts Perigord Source: Lucy Waverman

This flavorful and elegant chicken is stuffed with a combination of fresh and dried mushrooms. Because the breasts are stuffed under the skin, the stuffing moistens the chicken meat and keeps it juicy. Use either dried porcini or dried Chinese mushrooms; they have the most flavor. The sauce can be made ahead of time and the breasts stuffed a few hours before baking.

6 Dried mushrooms 1/2 cup boiling chicken broth 2 tablespoons butter 4 shallots 8 ounce fresh mushrooms finely chopped 1 teaspoon dried tarragon or basil 3 tablespoons fresh bread crumbs 1/3 cup whipping cream 3 Tablespoons finely chopped fresh parsley Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste 6 single boned chicken breasts, with skin on.

Sauce

1/2 cup chopped onions 1/4 cup dry red wine 1/2 cup mushroom-soaking liquid 3 cups chicken stock 2 tablespoons port or Madeira 1 tablespoon cornstarch 1 tablespoon cold water salt and fresh ground pepper to taste.

. 1.

Soak the mushrooms in boiling chicken broth for 20 minutes. Drain the mushrooms, reserving the soaking liquid and the mushrooms separately.Chop the mushrooms.

Preheat the oven to 375°F

Heat the butter in a frying pan over medium-high heat. Add the shallots and dried and fresh mushrooms. Saute until all the liquid has evaporated, stirring occasionally, about 4 minutes. Stir in the basil or tarragon, bread crumbs, cream and parsley. cook until the cream has reduced and the filling is thick. Season with salt and pepper.

Divide the filling in six portions. with your fingertips, make a pocket between the skin and the flesh of each chicken breast. Stuff the filling under the skin of the chicken breasts. Season the breasts with salt and pepper and place in a buttered baking dish large enough to hold the breasts in one layer.

Bake for 30 or 40 minutes, basting occasionally, until the juices run clear.

To make the sauce, in a frying pan, combine the onions and wine. On high heat, bring to a boil and reduce until you have 1 tablespoon of liquid.

Pour in the mushroom liquid, reduce to 2 tablespoons and then add the chicken stock and continue to boil until the stock is...

More Discussions
Cookalong #8 - Asparagus
Posted by wizardnm (My Page) on Mon, Apr 27, 09 at...
ann_t
Food Photo Tips: Part 7 - Macro & Camera Icons
Posted by canarybird (My Page) on Wed, Aug 19, 09 at...
ann_t
Tricia's Bread Tutorial - Removed
Removed as per Tricia's request
ann_t
Cookalong #5 - Lemon
Posted by wizardnm (My Page) on Mon, Mar 16, 09 at...
ann_t
Forum Recipes
Archive for Frequently Asked For Recipes. I'll be happy...
ann_t
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™