Cookalong -#27/28 Rhubarb

ann_tJanuary 1, 2013

NOTE: Rhubarb was numbered incorrectly Should Be 28

Cookalong #27---------RHUBARB!!!

clip this post email this post what is this?

see most clipped and recent clippings Posted by wizardnm (My Page) on Mon, May 17, 10 at 13:32

This ingredient is perfectly timed. I know I was drooling over the rhubarb pie that Ann posted about on the WFD thread last week.

Time to find those rhubarb recipes that get tucked away for most of the year.

Thanks Ann!

Nancy

Follow-Up Postings:

o RE: Cookalong #27---------RHUBARB!!!

see most clipped and recent clippings

Posted by wizardnm (My Page) on Mon, May 17, 10 at 13:35

Link to the last cookalong.

Here is a link that might be useful: Cookalong # 26 ---------- Pineapple o RE: Cookalong #27---------RHUBARB!!!

see most clipped and recent clippings

Posted by lindac (My Page) on Mon, May 17, 10 at 16:15

ALMOND RHUBARB CRISP (Serves 6)

1/3 c. whole natural almonds 1 1/4 lb. fresh rhubarb 1/4 c. water 3/4 c. sugar 1/2 tsp. almond extract 1/2 c. butter or margarine, softened 1/2 c. flour 1/4 tsp. salt

Grind almonds in food processor or blender, or chop very finely. Wash and trim rhubarb; cut into 1" pieces. Place in buttered 1 1/2 qt. shallow casserole. Combine water, 1/4 c. of the sugar, and almond extract. Pour over fruit. Cream butter with 1/2 c. sugar, then beat in ground almonds,

flour, salt. Sprinkle dough in large pieces over rhubarb. Bake at 375 degrees for 30 min. or till top is getting golden brown--I find it usually takes more than the 30 minutes. Serve warm or cooled. (I serve w/ whipped cream or vanilla ice cream.) Serves 6.

Rhubarb Cream Pie 1 unbaked 9 inch pie crust...in a 9 inch pie pan

3 cups of rhubarb cut in 1/2 inch pieces

1 1/2 c. sugar

4 T. flour

3 eggs

Add'l 6 T. sugar 1/2 tsp vanilla, pinch of salt, 1/4 tsp. cream of tartar

Mix flour and sugar and pour over rhubarb in a large bowl, mix well , separate the eggs and add the yolks to the rhubarb and mix well. Place in pie shell and bake at 375 for 1 hour until center is bubbly and crust is brown. Cool slightly.

Beat whites, salt, and cream of tartar until soft peaks form, add the 6 T. of sugar in batches and continue beating until stiff peaks form when you raise the beater. place merangue on pie and bake 5 or 6 minutes at 425 until lightly browned.

Rhubarb Cake Ingredients:

1/2 c Butter 1 1/2 c Sugar, brown 1 Egg; beaten 1 ts Vanilla 1/8 ts Salt 1 c Buttermilk 2 c Flour 1 ts Baking soda 3 c Rhubarb; finely sliced 1/2 c Nuts; chopped I omit 1/3 c Sugar, brown 1/3 c Sugar 1/2 ts Cinnamon Procedure:

Slice the rhubarb into 1/4" slices. Cream the margarine and 1¼ cups brown sugar; add the egg, vanilla and salt; mix well. Add the buttermilk, flour and soda; mix well. Stir in the rhubarb. Pour the batter into a well-greased "9x13" cake pan. Mix together 1/2 cup nuts, 1/3 cup brown sugar, 1/3 cup...

More Discussions
Food Photo Tips: Part 7 - Macro & Camera Icons
Posted by canarybird (My Page) on Wed, Aug 19, 09 at...
ann_t
FOOD PHOTO TIPS: Part 2 - Lighting & White Balance
Posted by canarybird (My Page) on Wed, Jul 15, 09 at...
ann_t
Forum Recipes
Archive for Frequently Asked For Recipes. I'll be happy...
ann_t
Food Photo Tips: Part 4 - Seamless Backgrounds
Posted by canarybird (My Page) on Wed, Jul 29, 09 at...
ann_t
Food Photo Tips: Part 5 - Artificial Lighting
Posted by canarybird (My Page) on Wed, Aug 5, 09 at...
ann_t
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™