Cookalong - #26 - Peanut Butter

ann_tJanuary 1, 2013

Cookalong #26---------Peanut Butter!!!

clip this post email this post what is this?

see most clipped and recent clippings Posted by wizardnm (My Page) on Mon, Apr 19, 10 at 11:30

Tracey_Oh has picked ******Peanut Butter****** for our new focus ingredient! Yay!!!

Fun ingredient, that can be used so many ways.

In addition to cooking and baking recipes that call for peanut butter, I have a question for all:

What makes the perfect peanut butter sandwich for you?

Mine is, fresh white bread, peanut butter on one slice of bread and on the other slice, you have to first butter the bread then spread with black raspberry jam. Place the peanut butter side face down over the jam, and cut into quarters. Heaven!!!!

This thread will run through May 2 2010.

Nancy

Here is a link that might be useful: Cookalong #25 ------- Cream Cheese Follow-Up Postings:

o RE: Cookalong #26---------Peanut Butter!!!

see most clipped and recent clippings

Posted by sherrmann (My Page) on Mon, Apr 19, 10 at 12:11

Gosh, the only recipe I have that uses peanut butter is for Peanut Butter Cookies! I put it under jam and on toast and bananas and apples all the time, but don't use it in "recipes." I can't wait to see what we get here!

The sandwich: Soft whole wheat bread, crunchy natural PB, cold grape jam, open face. MMMMMMmmmmmm

Or Grilled: Same as above but instead of jam, banana slices and drizzled honey, topped with a second slice of bread, buttered and grilled. Oh, gosh......

Sherry

Posted by katefisher (My Page) on Mon, Apr 19, 10 at 12:41

I really one 'use' peanut butter to fill up my stomach:) And it is great for that purpose. Oh what is it about peanut butter? SO good.

A sandwich would have to be made on large, fresh, fat slices of whole wheat bread with bananas and honey. Jam not needed.

Great, now I'm hungry:) I'll be thinking about pb all day long.

Kate

Posted by momj47 (My Page) on Mon, Apr 19, 10 at 12:49

I love chicken satay with peanut sauce, though I've never made it. Some things are just better (and less messy) eaten out.

Posted by triciae (My Page) on Mon, Apr 19, 10 at 12:57

I make a peanut sauce for chicken satay. No real "recipe" but here's what I use...

Peanut Dipping Sauce (amounts are approximate):

1/2 cup natural creamy peanut butter 1/4 cup low-sodium chicken broth 3 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce 2 tablespoons brown sugar 2 tablespoons minced fresh ginger 2 tablespoons lime juice 1 teaspoon minced garlic (1 clove) 1/2 teaspoon chili flakes 1 teaspoon...

More Discussions
Food Photo Tips: The Final & The Big White Box
Posted by canarybird (My Page) on Mon, Sep 28, 09 at...
ann_t
Cookalong #13 - Cheese
Posted by wizardnm (My Page) on Mon, Jul 6, 09 at 12:49 The...
ann_t
Cookalong #5 - Lemon
Posted by wizardnm (My Page) on Mon, Mar 16, 09 at...
ann_t
Tricia's Bread Tutorial - Removed
Removed as per Tricia's request
ann_t
Food Photo Tips: Part 4 - Seamless Backgrounds
Posted by canarybird (My Page) on Wed, Jul 29, 09 at...
ann_t
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™