Cookalong - #24 Pasta

ann_tJanuary 1, 2013

Cookalong #24 ----------PASTA!!!!!!!

clip this post email this post what is this?

see most clipped and recent clippings Posted by wizardnm (My Page) on Mon, Mar 22, 10 at 10:09

Pat T has picked our new Cookalong topic~~~~~ PASTA!

Please post your favorite T+T recipes, if you have a picture include it. Don't be shy, everybody love's PASTA!

We need a lot of recipes...I have a special idea to use them with.

Please note: I'll be out of town over Easter, so I'll draw a new name and set up Cookalong 25 on Tuesday, April 6.

Watch for my Pasta Party Invitation!!

Nancy

Here is a link that might be useful: Link to Cookalong #23----Cranberries Follow-Up Postings:

o RE: Cookalong #24 ----------PASTA!!!!!!!

clip this post email this post what is this?

see most clipped and recent clippings

Posted by angelaid (My Page) on Mon, Mar 22, 10 at 11:55

I'm absolutely hooked on Donna's Sun Dried Tomato Cream Sauce lately. First time I tried it with the salmon. Last week was with shrimp and angel hair pasta. Week before that was chicken, bow tie pasta and broccoli florettes. It is awesome!

SUN DRIED TOMATO CREAM SAUCE

3 Tbsp butter 1/2 cup finely chopped onion 2 garlic cloves, minced 1/2 cup sun-dried tomatoes, minced 2 cups heavy cream (we're a bit "fluffy", so I sometimes substitute 1 cup fat free half & half for 1 cup of the cream) salt and ground black pepper to taste 1/4 cup dill, chopped (adjust if this is too strong a dill taste for you) 2 salmon filets Freshly grated Parmesan cheese

Cook pasta. Drain, reserving some of the cooking water.

While the pasta is cooking:

Melt butter in large skillet over medium heat. Cook onion until soft and lightly browned, about 5 minutes. Stir in garlic and sauté about 1 minute. Stir in sun-dried tomatoes and cream. Simmer until slightly thickened. Add poached salmon (flaked) and dill.

Pour the sauce over the pasta, add salt and pepper. Toss. If the sauce is too thick, you can thin it with some of the reserved pasta cooking water or a bit of milk. Top with parmesan.

This makes 2-3 very generous servings, depending on how "saucy" you like your pasta. DH likes lots of sauce.

Another one I've made several times that DH loves:

Spicy Chicken Pasta

4 cups rigatoni pasta (uncooked) 4 TBSP. good olive oil 1 1/4 lbs. mild or spicy Italian chicken sausage 1 cup chopped sun dried tomatoes (packed in oil) 3 cups chopped fresh spinach (I used 4 cups) 1 cup chopped red onion 4 cloves minced garlic 1 tsp. Italian seasoning 1/4 tsp. red chili flakes (cayenne pepper works) 1 1/2 to 2 cups shredded Italian blend cheese (I used a combo of grated mozzarella, asiago and provolone)

Cook the pasta as per pkg. directions, drain, place in a large bowl and set aside. Cook the sausage and when cool enough to handle, slice into 1/2 inch pieces. Set sausage aside. Saute onion and garlic in 4 Tbsp. olive oil...

More Discussions
Cookalong - #45 Chili
Cookalong #45---------CHILI!! Posted by wizardnm (My...
ann_t
Cookalong -#27/28 Rhubarb
NOTE: Rhubarb was numbered incorrectly Should Be 28 Cookalong...
ann_t
Cookalong - #41 Greens, Cooked and Raw
Cookalong #41 -Greens, Cooked and Raw Posted by bbstx...
ann_t
Cookalong - #40 Wine
Cookalong #40 - Wine clip this post email this post...
ann_t
Cookalong - #49 Fish
Cookalong #49 ---- FISH!!!!!! Posted by wizardnm (My...
ann_t
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™