Cookalong - #23 Cranberries

ann_tJanuary 1, 2013

Cookalong #23 ------CRANBERRIES

Posted by wizardnm (My Page) on Mon, Mar 8, 10 at 21:18

Jim has picked our new cookalong ingredient:

CRANBERRIES

At first I thought about how it might be hard to find fresh cranberries at this time of year. The I thought about dried cranberries and how I use them all year long.

Please don't hesitate to post about fresh though, it will be nice to have the recipes all set to go. Cranberry lovers also know to freeze the fresh ones when they are plentiful for year around use.

So for the next two weeks....pull out those favorite recipes that use any form of cranberries.

Nancy

Here is a link that might be useful: Cookalong #22 ---------- EGGPLANT Follow-Up Postings:

o RE: Cookalong #23 ------CRANBERRIES clip this post email this post what is this?

see most clipped and recent clippings

Posted by denise8101214 (My Page) on Mon, Mar 8, 10 at 21:49

We had TJs dried cranberries in our salad tonight.

Here is a link that might be useful: All the other Cooking Links o RE: Cookalong #23 ------CRANBERRIES clip this post email this post what is this?

see most clipped and recent clippings

Posted by yasou (My Page) on Mon, Mar 8, 10 at 22:10

This is my all time favorite. I got it at a local cooking class several years ago. (I don't know the original source) At the holidays I make mini tarts for my dessert table.

CRANBERRY CRUMB TART

Cream Cheese Pastry 4 oz cream cheese, cut into small cubes ½ cup cold butter, cut into small cubes 1 cups flour

Measure flour into the work bowl of a food processor fitted with the steel blade. Scatter the cold butter pieces over the flour and pulse until the mixture has the consistency of cornmeal. Add cream cheese pieces and process until dough comes together and forms a ball. Wrap in plastic, and refrigerate at least 30 minutes, or freeze until needed. Makes one 9-10 inch tart shell.

Filling 3 cups cranberries (approx. one bag) 6 Tbsp sugar

Topping 6 Tbsp cold butter ½ cup + 2 Tbsp flour ¾ cup + 2 Tbsp sugar

Preheat oven to 400 °. Roll out dough and place in a tart pan with removable bottom making sure to press dough so that it fits snugly against the sides. Trim edges to top of rim. Place in freezer for 30 minutes. Remove from freezer and place tart pan on a sheet pan. Line the crust with parchment paper or foil (if you use foil, place shiny side down) and fill the liner with pie weights or beans. Bake for 15 minutes. Remove liner and weights and continue baking an additional 5 minutes (dough will no longer be translucent but not yet golden brown).

While crust is baking, measure flour and sugar for topping into the work bowl of a food processor fitted with the steel blade. Cut butter in small cubes and scatter over the mixture, process until crumbly, then set aside.

Combine cranberries and sugar for filling. Set aside.

After crust has been partially baked, remove it from oven and fill with cranberry sugar mixture and...

More Discussions
Cookalong - #48 Onions
Cookalong #48 ------- ONIONS Posted by wizardnm (My...
ann_t
Cookalong - #26 - Peanut Butter
Cookalong #26---------Peanut Butter!!! clip this post...
ann_t
Cookalong - #45 Chili
Cookalong #45---------CHILI!! Posted by wizardnm (My...
ann_t
Cookalong - #40 Wine
Cookalong #40 - Wine clip this post email this post...
ann_t
Cookalong - #44 Lamb
Cookalong #44 --------LAMB Posted by wizardnm (My Page)...
ann_t
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™