Cookalong - #39 - Citrus

ann_tJanuary 1, 2013

Cookalong #39 ------- CITRUS clip this post email this post what is this?

see most clipped and recent clippings Posted by wizardnm (My Page) on Mon, Jan 31, 11 at 16:13

It seems like a good time to resume the Cookalongs, the last one was in December.

Instead of pulling a name out of a hat, I decided to pick the first ingredient for 2011. I'm choosing Citrus because it's in season and because there are so many good things to use it in.

So please dig out your favorite T+T recipes that call for any of the citrus flavors, orange, lemon, lime or grapefruit. If you know where the recipe came from please give credit.

A quick reminder, please only post recipes you have actually made and if you have a picture please post that too. A recipe that you found on the net is OK if you have made it but is not OK if you haven't. We are only interested in T+T.

In a couple of weeks I'll jot down all the names of those who participated in this Cookalong and pull a new name out of the hat for that person to pick a new focus ingredient.

I'll post that name at the end of the thread and if I can, I'll also email that person. So please check to make sure that your email through GW is working.

My cooking has been in a rut lately so I am really looking forward to some new recipes to liven up our meals.

Nancy

Here is a link that might be useful: Cookalong #38 ---- Dates!

Follow-Up Postings:

o RE: Cookalong #39 ------- CITRUS clip this post email this post what is this?

see most clipped and recent clippings

Posted by ruthanna (My Page) on Mon, Jan 31, 11 at 17:26

Here's one with orange juice as a main ingredient in the sauce. I prefer it with bone-in chicken breasts but made it a couple of weeks ago with the boneless ones.

HONEY CURRIED CHICKEN

4 bone-in chicken or boneless chicken breasts or 1 cut up chicken 1/4 cup melted butter or margarine (I used 2 Tbs. of butter and 1 Tbs. safflower oil) 1/4 cup honey 1/2 cup orange juice 2 Tbs. prepared mustard 1/2 tsp. salt 1 tsp. curry powder 2 Tbs. dark rum

Place chicken skin side up in shallow baking dish and preheat oven to 375 degrees. Combine remaining ingredients, stirring well. Pour sauce over chicken. Bake for one hour (less for boneless breasts), basting occasionally with sauce.

Note: I usually use skinless bone-in breasts so I turn them over halfway through the cooking time. I also melt the butter in a pyrex measuring cup in the microwave and then add the honey and orange juice directly to it so I don't dirty measuring cups. Can sprikle top with toasted almonds or cashews, if desired.

Photobucket

o RE: Cookalong #39 ------- CITRUS clip this post email this post what is this?

see most clipped and recent clippings

Posted by lindac (My Page) on Mon, Jan 31, 11 at 17:42

Oh my....you hit me well on this!

This from my DIL...no pics, but it's beautiful with the ornage and red bits...

Citrus baked turkey 1 whole turkey breast about 4 1/2 pounds Marinade 2 oranges,...

More Discussions
Cookalong - 43 Cabbage
Cookalong #43 ------ CABBAGE! Posted by wizardnm (My...
ann_t
Cookalong - #40 Wine
Cookalong #40 - Wine clip this post email this post...
ann_t
Cookalong - #48 Onions
Cookalong #48 ------- ONIONS Posted by wizardnm (My...
ann_t
Cookalong -#29 - Corn
cookalong # 29 -----corn!!!!!! yum!!!!!!! clip this...
ann_t
Cooking Forum Dictionary
EVOO - Extra Virgin Olive Oil POOF - Pulled out of...
ann_t
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™