Cookalong - Holiday Cookies

ann_tJanuary 1, 2013

iVillage GardenWeb iVillage GardenWeb THE INTERNET'S GARDEN & HOME COMMUNITY ADVERTISEMENT Blogs Forums Photo Galleries Ask The Experts Tools & Directories SEARCH Return to the Cooking Forum : Post a Follow-Up o Cookalong Extra! ****Holiday Cookies**** clip this post email this post what is this?

see most clipped and recent clippings Posted by wizardnm (My Page) on Fri, Nov 26, 10 at 9:31

This is the first of some Cookalong Extra ideas that I've thought about. Instead of focusing on a specific ingredient, we will focus on a particular recipe type.

Same general rules as the regular Cookalong, only T+T recipes, credit to the source, if you know it.

Please, no doctored up pre-made items, the Cooking forum is all about cooking from scratch.

Please add your hints on how to make this turn out perfect. Will the finished item freeze or not? Why do you love it?

Read through any recipes that are already posted to avoid duplication of identical recipes.

Every year I start thinking about Christmas cookies as soon as the turkey from our Thanksgiving dinner is cold. It's the same as pulling out the decorations each year.

I start making a list of the cookies I want to make. There are the favorites that I make every year and then I few new to me recipes that I want to try.

Please share your very favorites, even if they have been posted on the CF before.

Tell us why a particular recipe is the only one you use. Is it soft or crispy? Is it a good keeper?

I want to encourage new posters to add their favorites. Your recipes bring new life to the CF.

My hope is that we can have this as a reference that also is saved for easy long term use.

Thanks!

Nancy

Follow-Up Postings:

o RE: Cookalong Extra! ****Holiday Cookies**** clip this post email this post what is this?

see most clipped and recent clippings

Posted by caliloo (My Page) on Fri, Nov 26, 10 at 9:54

Brilliant idea, Nancy! My kids and I just compiled the list of "must haves" from years gone by and were just talkiing about what to add that is new for this year. These are the ones I am making today to freeze OR they store in refrigerator in an airtight container and improve with age.

Alexa

********************************************************* Margarita Balls Servings: 24

Ingredients:

1 (12 ounce) package vanilla wafers 1/2 pound ground almonds 1/4 pound white chocolate 1/2 cup tequila 3 Tbsp Roseââ¬â¢s Lime Juice 1/4 cup orange marmalade 2 tablespoons light corn syrup

Directions:

1. Mix 1 box (12 oz) vanilla wafers, crushed into crumbs, with 1/2 lb ground blanched almonds.

2. Melt four 1 oz squares white chocolate according to package directions.

3. In blender, process tequila, orange marmalade, lime juice and light corn syrup until smooth. Stir, along with melted chocolate, into crumb mixture.

4. Shape into 1 inch balls and coat with sugar. Store in refrigerator.

More Discussions
Cooking Forum Dictionary
EVOO - Extra Virgin Olive Oil POOF - Pulled out of...
ann_t
Cookalong - #49 Fish
Cookalong #49 ---- FISH!!!!!! Posted by wizardnm (My...
ann_t
Cookalong - #27 - Pineapple
Cookalong #27 ----PINEAPPLE !!!!!! clip this post email...
ann_t
Cookalong - 43 Cabbage
Cookalong #43 ------ CABBAGE! Posted by wizardnm (My...
ann_t
Cookalong - #23 Cranberries
Cookalong #23 ------CRANBERRIES Posted by wizardnm...
ann_t
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™