Cookalong - #37 - Butter

ann_tJanuary 1, 2013

Cookalong #37 ----BUTTER!

clip this post email this post what is this?

see most clipped and recent clippings Posted by wizardnm (My Page) on Mon, Nov 15, 10 at 19:49

Pull out The Holiday recipes!

Annie1992 has picked out next ingredient and it a great one for this time of year.

>>>>>>>>>>>>> BUTTER This basic staple is heavily used in recipes this time of year. What are some of your favorites?

Recipes do not have to be just for the Holidays as I know we all use butter throughout the year. But please, no 'fake' butter recipes.

Nancy

Here is a link that might be useful: Cookalong #36 ------ HONEY Follow-Up Postings:

o RE: Cookalong #37 ----BUTTER!

see most clipped and recent clippings

Posted by lindac (My Page) on Mon, Nov 15, 10 at 20:20

One of my faves....blender Hollendaise.

Ingredients

4 egg yolks ý teaspoon salt ý teaspoon dry mustard 1 Tablespoon fresh squeezed lemon juice ( I like 2 tablespoons) 1 shot tobasco - ü pound butter (one stick) Have eggs at room temp, as well as lemon juice.

Place eggs, lemon, tobasco, salt and mustard into blender and blend until well mixed.

Heat butter until bubbling hard but not brownââ¬Â¦.with blender running slowly pour into the blenderââ¬Â¦.hot butter cooks the eggs and the sauce thickensââ¬Â¦.serve immediately or keep hot over boiling water.

And of course Ann's Caramel sauce Linda,

1 cup butter, 1 cup brown sugar, 1 cup white sugar and one cup of whipping cream. pinch of salt (optional) and vanilla.

Add everyone except the vanilla and bring to a boil. Cook for 5 or 6 minutes and remove from heat. Add vanilla.

Ann.

(If there is any left, eat with a spoon) LOL

And there are shortbread cookies, spritz, butter cookies, pecan snow balls etc etc etc...

It's all about butter!

o RE: Cookalong #37 ----BUTTER!

see most clipped and recent clippings

Posted by doucanoe (My Page) on Mon, Nov 15, 10 at 21:04

OMG,I can feel my waistband tightening.....

Aw heck, you only live once! Here we go!

Buffalo Wings

2-1/2 lb chicken wings, separated 1/2 c butter 1/2c Louisiana Hot Sauce 2 6oz. pkg dry Italian dressing mix 2 T lemon juice 1/2 tsp dry basil

Fry unbreaded wings in hot oil until meat is cooked and skin is crispy.

Meanwhile, melt butter in saucepan, stir in remaining ingredients. Toss cooked wings in sauce until coated. Place wings on baking sheet and bake 10 minutes at 350ú

Serve with Blue Cheese dressing and celery sticks

Originally posted back in 2005 by Janet\_KS I have made this one often....super simple!

Toffee

1/2 lb. butter
1 cup brown sugar (firmly packed)
4 or 5 Hershey bars or milk chocolate chips (approx. 6\-8 oz.)
3/4 cup chopped pecans

Butter cookie pan and sprinkle with 1/2 cup chopped nuts. Put butter and sugar in heavy skillet and bring to boil. Boil for 12 minutes,...
More Discussions
Food Photo Tips: Part 3 - Lighten or Darken Photos with EV
Posted by canarybird (My Page) on Wed, Jul 22, 09 at...
ann_t
Cookalong #13 - Cheese
Posted by wizardnm (My Page) on Mon, Jul 6, 09 at 12:49 The...
ann_t
Food Photo Tips: Part I - Lighting
I can only post the instructions not the photos. Posted...
ann_t
Food Photo Tips: The Final & The Big White Box
Posted by canarybird (My Page) on Mon, Sep 28, 09 at...
ann_t
FOOD PHOTO TIPS: Part 2 - Lighting & White Balance
Posted by canarybird (My Page) on Wed, Jul 15, 09 at...
ann_t
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™