Cookalong - #34 - Chocolate

ann_tJanuary 1, 2013

Cookalong #34 ----- CHOCOLATE clip this post email this post what is this?

see most clipped and recent clippings Posted by wizardnm (My Page) on Mon, Aug 30, 10 at 11:56

Ready for a new Cookalong subject?

Terri_pacnw has picked chocolate!

I'm ready and already into it, just the thought of chocolate can put a smile on my face.

I also have an idea for some fun!

If everyone could try to post their favorite, T+T chocolate recipes by Sunday Sept 12, I think it would be fun to make a recipe that has been submitted during the next week. Do a little post on this thread about it the recipe you choose, during that week after.

A picture of the final product would be great but not necessary.

So it would go like this....

Aug 30 - Sept 12 post recipes using chocolate Sept 13-19 make one of those recipes and do a little post about the recipe.

No rules other than our standard T+T rule for posted recipes. You don't have to post a recipe to join in the fun of making one that has been posted that last week..... just join in and reap the benefits of making something yummy!

That's what cooking and baking is all about.

Nancy

Here is a link that might be useful: Link to Cookalong #33-Cinnamon Follow-Up Postings:

o RE: Cookalong #34 ----- CHOCOLATE clip this post email this post what is this?

see most clipped and recent clippings

Posted by lpinkmountain (My Page) on Mon, Aug 30, 10 at 13:01

This recipe immediately comes to mind right now, because raspberries are in season. These are awesome with morning coffee. Here's to you Marlen!!

Marlen's Raspberry Love Muffins

2 cups flour (I use half whole wheat pastry flour) 2 tsp. baking powder 1 heaping cup white chocolate chips (I use semi-sweet dark ones, Hershey's brand) 1 stick softened butter (that's 1/2 cups) 3/4 cup sugar (I often use 2/3 cup instead) 1 tsp. pure vanilla extract 1 TBLSP grated orange zest 1/2 cup milk (I use lowfat, and have used soy) 2 cups fresh or frozen unsweetened raspberries. (Could use blackberries too)

Sift flour with baking powder and mix in the chocolate chips; set aside. With an electric mixer (or your own arm power and a wooden spoon, lol!), beat softened butter with sugar until light and fluffy. Add vanilla and orange zest. Mix in dry ingredients in two additions, alternating with the milk. Fold in raspberries as gently as possible. Do not overmix.

Spoon into greased muffin tins and bake at 375 degrees F, for 25-30 minutes. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from tins. If you can stand to wait ten minutes.

Makes I think one dozen. I use a cookie scoop to put the batter in the muffin cups, sure makes it easier.

o RE: Cookalong #34 ----- CHOCOLATE clip this post email this post what is this?

see most clipped and recent clippings

Posted by terri_pacnw (My Page) on Mon, Aug 30, 10 at 13:58

Oooh I love those too Pink...They are like a scone muffin..

o RE: Cookalong #34 ----- CHOCOLATE clip this post email this post what is...

More Discussions
Cookalong #6 - Dried Fruits
Posted by wizardnm (My Page) on Mon, Mar 30, 09 at...
ann_t
Cookalong #14 - Squash
Posted by wizardnm (My Page) on Thu, Oct 29, 09 at...
ann_t
Food Photo Tips: Part 7 - Macro & Camera Icons
Posted by canarybird (My Page) on Wed, Aug 19, 09 at...
ann_t
Cookalong #2 - Garlic
Posted by wizardnm (My Page) on Mon, Nov 9, 09 at 8:31 Cookalong...
ann_t
Tricia's Bread Tutorial - Removed
Removed as per Tricia's request
ann_t
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™