Cookalong #18 - Mushrooms

ann_tJanuary 1, 2013

Cookalong #18----------------MUSHROOMS clip this post email this post what is this?

see most clipped and recent clippings Posted by wizardnm (My Page) on Mon, Dec 28, 09 at 14:34

Doucanoe has chosen MUSHROOMS for our next Cookalong.

Nice pick Linda!

Please post your favorite mushroom recipes to this thread This will run until Jan 9 2010.

Anyone interested in actually doing a dinner around mushrooms on Jan. 10? Could be fun.....

Nancy

Here is a link that might be useful: Cookalong #17----------Walnuts Follow-Up Postings:

o RE: Cookalong #18----------------MUSHROOMS clip this post email this post what is this?

see most clipped and recent clippings

* Posted by caliloo (My Page) on Mon, Dec 28, 09 at 15:56

Oh great ingredient! I love mushrooms! In keeping with the season, I am posting one of my fav holiday sides......

Alexa

Brandied Steakside Mushrooms Recipe courtesy Paula Deen

Recipe Summary Difficulty: Easy Prep Time: 10 minutes Cook Time: 20 minutes Yield: 4 to 6 people User Rating:

3 pounds fresh mushrooms, sliced lengthwise 8 tablespoons butter Seasoning salt ) 1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce 1/2 cup brandy

In a large skillet, saute the sliced mushrooms in the butter until brown. Sprinkle liberally with seasoning salt. Add Worcestershire sauce and simmer until almost all sauce is absorbed by the mushrooms. Add the brandy and continue to simmer until mushrooms are tender.

Serve with steak or roast beef.

o RE: Cookalong #18----------------MUSHROOMS clip this post email this post what is this?

see most clipped and recent clippings

* Posted by booberry85 (becky@leadsafe.us) on Mon, Dec 28, 09 at 17:11

Psari Sto Filo

This is my knock off of Symeons recipe. Symeons is a great Greek restaurant in Utica, NY.

This serves 2-4.

2 boneless fillets of Tilapia, haddock, or other mild white fish 4 sheets of filo dough 1 can cream of mushroom soup (or equivalent) 1 cup milk 1 package of raw spinach 1 package or can of sliced mushrooms (fresh or canned) 2 cups cooked rice

Take two sheets of filo dough and lay them on a clean surface. Place several spinach leaves on the filo dough (enough spinach so that the bottom of the fish will be covered). Place one fish fillet on top of the spinach. Cover the top of the fish with more spinach leaves. Top that with sliced mushrooms. Wrap in the filo dough. Repeat the procedure for the second fish.

Grease a 9x9 baking dish. Place the rice in the baking dish. If there is leftover spinach, layer the spinach on top of the rice. Place the wrapped fish on top of the rice and spinach.

In a sauce pan, heat cream of mushroom soup with 1 cup milk until warm and smooth. Pour over the fish. Cover the baking pan with tin foil.

Bake at 350 degrees F for 30 minutes or until fish is cooked through.

see most clipped and...

More Discussions
Cookalong - #37 - Butter
Cookalong #37 ----BUTTER! clip this post email this...
ann_t
Cookalong - #47 Rice
Cookalong #47 ------- RICE Posted by wizardnm (My Page)...
ann_t
Cookalong - 43 Cabbage
Cookalong #43 ------ CABBAGE! Posted by wizardnm (My...
ann_t
Cookalong - #48 Onions
Cookalong #48 ------- ONIONS Posted by wizardnm (My...
ann_t
Cookalong #50 Mangos
Cookalong #50 ------- MANGOS Posted by wizardnm (My...
ann_t
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™