Cookalong #15 ------------ POTATOES

ann_tJanuary 1, 2013

Cookalong #15 ------------ POTATOES

Posted by wizardnm (My Page) on Mon, Nov 9, 09 at 8:01

AnnT has picked POTATOES for our Cookalong this time.

I'm sure each and everyone of you have a few favorite recipes to share. The potato is so versatile and basic!

Post your recipe with a picture if possible but don't let that hold you back, we really are more interested in the recipe and this should give everyone a chance to participate!!!! I know I love potatoes and am always looking for a different way to prepare them.

Don't forget about all the different ways we can use potatoes. They are used in baking and cooking. There's so many things...candy, breads, salads, desserts, entree, soups, appetisers...... breakfast, lunch and dinner....

Let's make this one of the best Cooklongs ever, one that we can refer to over and over!

Below is the link connecting to the other Cookalongs.

Nancy

Here is a link that might be useful: Cookalong #14 ------------- SQUASH Follow-Up Postings:

o RE: Cookalong #15 ------------ POTATOES clip this post email this post what is this?

see most clipped and recent clippings

* Posted by canarybird (My Page) on Mon, Nov 9, 09 at 10:13

Potatoes are a good choice as we can prepare them so many different ways. Here's one of our favourites:

SCALLOPED POTATOES ====================

4 potatoes (more or less according to the size of your dish)- peeled and sliced into 1/2 cm rounds...easy with a mandoline 1 onion - sliced finely into 1/2 rings...also done with mandoline white sauce - make about 2 cups of a medium, not-too-thick white sauce - or enough to barely cover prepared casserole butter salt & pepper grated parmesan or cheddar cheese

1) Preheat oven to 155 C (300 F). Slice potatoes and arrange 1/3 of them in bottom of a buttered casserole dish.

2) Slice onions and arrange 1/3 of them on top of potatoes, dot with a little butter and a little pepper.

3) Continue steps 1 and 2 until casserole is 3/4 full, Finishing with a layer of onions on top.

4) Make white sauce - not too thick and pour over casserole until barely reaching top of potato-onion mixture. Add pepper and a bit of salt. Sprinkle with grated cheese.

5) Put in oven about 1 hour or until potatoes are soft when tested with knife and top is golden.

SharonCb

o RE: Cookalong #15 ------------ POTATOES clip this post email this post what is this?

see most clipped and recent clippings

* Posted by jessicavanderhoff (My Page) on Mon, Nov 9, 09 at 11:02

Oven fries!

Cut potatoes into thick fries (Long potatoes are best; I usually quarter small potatoes lengthwise). Toss them with olive oil. Grate some fresh parm (or similar) over them, and add some italian breadcrumbs. Toss to coat. I do it in a bowl with my hands, but I think you could also use a ziploc bag. Cover a baking sheet in foil, and put the fries on in a single layer. You get a better brown/crunch if you put the cut sides down rather than the skin side. Bake 15...

More Discussions
Food Photo Tips: Part I - Lighting
I can only post the instructions not the photos. Posted...
ann_t
Cookalong #1 - Ginger
Posted by wizardnm (My Page) on Mon, Nov 9, 09 at 8:33 Posted...
ann_t
Cookalong #6 - Dried Fruits
Posted by wizardnm (My Page) on Mon, Mar 30, 09 at...
ann_t
Food Photo Tips: The Final & The Big White Box
Posted by canarybird (My Page) on Mon, Sep 28, 09 at...
ann_t
FOOD PHOTO TIPS: Part 2 - Lighting & White Balance
Posted by canarybird (My Page) on Wed, Jul 15, 09 at...
ann_t
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™