Cookalong #8 - Asparagus

ann_tJanuary 1, 2013

Posted by wizardnm (My Page) on Mon, Apr 27, 09 at 13:51

Coconut-nj has picked a great spring vegetable for us to concentrate on for the next two weeks, asparagus!

So let's dig out the favorite recipes.

Our Cookalong virtual dinner will be May 9, 2009. If you need to post something made using asparagus before then, that's fine.

If you are not sure about the few rules, check out some of the other Cookalong threads or just ask on this one.

Nancy

Here is a link that might be useful: Cookalong #7------------Exoskeletal Critters Follow-Up Postings:

o RE: cookalong --#8 -- asparagus clip this post email this post what is this?

see most clipped and recent clippings

* Posted by chase (My Page) on Mon, Apr 27, 09 at 14:06

Asparagus! YUM!!! One of my favourite vegetables. I won't be joining the cookalong directly but maybe I'll order asparagus while at dinner in Michigan Saturday !!! YEAH!

This one is Weed's, excellent!

Asparagus - Parmesan Crusted (Weed)

1 Lb asparagus ends trimmed 3 Tbl butter room temperature 1 Tbl chopped fresh basil 1 large garlic clove finely chopped or crushed (I use my micr 1 1/2 Tsp fresh lemon juice 1/2 Cup (packed) grated Parmesan cheese

Cook or steam asparagus until just crisp-tender. Err on the side of undercooked, since you will be putting them under the broiler for additional minutes later. Plunge into an ice water bath to retain color and halt cooking. Drain very well. (I went as far as putting them on a clean kitchen towel and patting dry.

Preheat broiler.

Arrange asparagus on broiler proof platter. Mix softened butter with basil, garlic and lemon juice. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Put butter mixture in microwave and heat until pourable, but not totally melted.

Drizzle butter mixture all over asparagus, then sprinkle the parmesan on top.

Broil asparagus until topping browns, watching closely to avoid burning.

If you had to use a cookie sheet to broil them, slide a flat spatula under them to transfer to your serving platter - this will keep the yummy parmesan crust attached to the asparagus.

o RE: cookalong --#8 -- asparagus clip this post email this post what is this?

see most clipped and recent clippings

* Posted by lisazone6_ma (My Page) on Mon, Apr 27, 09 at 15:34

I'll be at Foxwoods celibrating a friend's birthday so I won't be doing any cooking, but I will keep an eye on this thread for sure!!

I simply drizzle them with some extra virgin olive oil, sea salt, and fresh cracked black pepper and throw them on the grill for a few minutes. Turn (without letting them fall thru the grill!)and cook a few minutes on the other side and they're heaven!

I ordered 10 asparagus crowns and need to get them in the ground! I won't be able to harvest this year, but hopefully I'll get a few spears next year, then the year after that I can go to town!

I'm excited about this thread - I LOVE asparagus!!

Lisa

o RE: cookalong --#8 -- asparagus clip this post...

More Discussions
Cookalong #1 - Ginger
Posted by wizardnm (My Page) on Mon, Nov 9, 09 at 8:33 Posted...
ann_t
Food Photo Tips: Part 4 - Seamless Backgrounds
Posted by canarybird (My Page) on Wed, Jul 29, 09 at...
ann_t
Food Photo Tips: The Final & The Big White Box
Posted by canarybird (My Page) on Mon, Sep 28, 09 at...
ann_t
Forum Recipes
Archive for Frequently Asked For Recipes. I'll be happy...
ann_t
Cookalong #2 - Garlic
Posted by wizardnm (My Page) on Mon, Nov 9, 09 at 8:31 Cookalong...
ann_t
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™