Cookalong #5 - Lemon

ann_tJanuary 1, 2013

Posted by wizardnm (My Page) on Mon, Mar 16, 09 at 15:54

Lakeguy35 (David) has chosen Lemon for this cookalong.

Sweet? Savory? There's a lot of possibilities with this one. I can't wait to see what we can come up with. It's only been the last few years that I have really gotten into cooking with lemon rather than just using it in desserts. Although the desserts are all good!

Our virtual dinner will be on Saturday, March 28 2009.

Don't hesitate to post earlier than that if needed. I know how life gets in the way at times.

For those that may have missed the previous Cookalongs ..... the idea here is to post hints, recipes and discuss the focus ingredient over the next two weeks. Recipes can use any form of the ingredient. Please mention the recipe source and whether it is one that you have already made (T+T) or one that you might be trying for the first time.

I'm going to make an attempt to link all the cookalongs together.

Nancy

Here is a link that might be useful: Cookalong #4-- BASIL Follow-Up Postings:

o RE: Cookalong #5 --LEMON-- Thread #1 clip this post email this post what is this?

see most clipped and recent clippings

* Posted by mustangs (My Page) on Mon, Mar 16, 09 at 17:09

Good choice David! I'll start at the end of dinner.

Limoncello Cheesecake Squares ============================= # Nonstick cooking spray # 8 ounces purchased biscotti # 6 tablespoons (3/4 stick) unsalted butter, melted # 3 tablespoons grated lemon zest # 1 (12-oz) container whole milk ricotta, drained, at room temperature # 2 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, at room temperature # 1-1/4 cups sugar # 1/2 cup limoncello liqueur*, store bought or homemade # 2 teaspoons vanilla extract # 4 large eggs, at room temperature

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.

Spray the bottom of a 9 by 9 by 2-inch baking pan with nonstick cooking spray. Finely grind the biscotti in a food processor. Add the melted butter and 1 tablespoon of lemon zest, and process until the crumbs are moistened. Press the crumb mixture over the bottom (not the sides) of the prepared pan. Bake until the crust is golden, about 15 minutes.

Cool the crust completely on a cooling rack.

Blend the ricotta in a clean food processor until smooth. Add the cream cheese and sugar and blend well, stopping the machine occasionally and scraping down the sides of the work bowl. Blend in the limoncello, vanilla, and remaining 2 tablespoons of lemon zest. Add the eggs one at a time, and pulse just until blended. Scrape down the sides of the bowl as needed.

Pour the cheese mixture over the crust in the pan. Place the baking pan in a large roasting pan. Pour enough hot water into the roasting pan to come halfway up the sides of the baking pan. Bake until the cheesecake is golden and the center of the cake moves slightly when the pan is gently shaken, about 1 hour (the cake will become firm when it is cold).

Transfer the cake to a rack; cool 1 hour. Refrigerate until the cheesecake is cold,...

More Discussions
Food Photo Tips: Part 7 - Macro & Camera Icons
Posted by canarybird (My Page) on Wed, Aug 19, 09 at...
ann_t
Food Photo Tips: Part 10 Self-timer, Flash & Silverware
Posted by canarybird (My Page) on Sun, Sep 20, 09 at...
ann_t
High Heat Roasting - Chicken/Turkey
Home Cookin Chapter: Recipes From Thibeault's Table Simple...
Member Pages
Cookalong #8 - Asparagus
Posted by wizardnm (My Page) on Mon, Apr 27, 09 at...
ann_t
Food Photo Tips: Part 8 - Depth of Field
Posted by canarybird (My Page) on Tue, Aug 25, 09 at...
ann_t
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™