Cookalong #2 - Garlic

ann_tJanuary 1, 2013

Posted by wizardnm (My Page) on Mon, Nov 9, 09 at 8:31

Cookalong #2 --- GARLIC Thread #1 Posted by wizardnm (My Page) on Mon, Feb 2, 09 at 12:33

Everyone is invited to join in, this time the focus is on GARLIC!

Joanm won the drawing and has chosen a great subject. We should be able to have a lot of fun. Good choice Joan, I wondered if you would choose something other than chocolate, glad you did!

Our virtual dinner, focusing on garlic, will be "the weekend" of February 14th. I realize that this is an important holiday and many will going out for dinner, or may not want to have garlic breath on that Saturday night (hehe) so if you need to have your dinner earlier or on Sunday, close counts..... pictures of your finished dinner are encouraged but not required. Progress reports are fun also.

On Monday, Feb 16 another name will be drawn and that person will pick the next focus ingredient. When you post to this thread, your name is automatically thrown into the hat.

For those that may have missed the first Cookalong..... the idea here is to post hints, recipes and discuss the focus ingredient over the next two weeks. Recipes can use any form of the ingredient. Please mention the recipe source and whether it is one that you have already made (T+T) or one that you might be trying for the first time.

I'm going to make an attempt to link all the cookalongs together.

Nancy

Here is a link that might be useful: Cookalong #1 link

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Follow-Up Postings:

RE: Cookalong #2 --- GARLIC Thread #1 clip this post email this post what is this?

see most clipped and recent clippings

Posted by sheshebop (My Page) on Mon, Feb 2, 09 at 12:45

Yippee! We LOVE garlic! Valentines Day? Who cares. If he breathes garlic on me I will breathe garlic right back at him!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------- RE: Cookalong #2 --- GARLIC Thread #1 clip this post email this post what is this?

see most clipped and recent clippings

Posted by joanm (My Page) on Mon, Feb 2, 09 at 13:04

Exactly! Two garlics cancel each other out.

I'll start with my favorite garlic pasta recipe.

Three garlic pasta Martha Stewart

Serves 4 1 head plus 8 cloves garlic 1 pound spaghetti 2 tablespoons olive oil 3/4 cup dry white wine 1 cup loosely packed fresh flat-leaf parsley, roughly chopped 1 teaspoon red-pepper flakes Salt and freshly ground black pepper Parmesan cheese, for grating

Directions

1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Wrap garlic head in foil, or place in garlic roaster; roast until soft and golden, about 1 hour. Let cool, trim tip of head; squeeze out cloves, using back of knife. Transfer to small bowl; set aside.

2. Cook pasta until al dente. Drain, and run under cold water to stop cooking.

3. Thinly slice five cloves of unroasted garlic. Finely chop remaining three cloves. Heat oil over medium heat in large skillet. Add sliced garlic;...

More Discussions
Cookalong - #35 - Mustard
Cookalong #35 - MUSTARD !!! clip this post email this...
ann_t
Cookalong - #25 Cream Cheese
Cookalong #25 --------- Cream Cheese clip this post...
ann_t
Cookalong - #22 Eggplant
iVillage GardenWeb iVillage GardenWeb THE INTERNET'S...
ann_t
Cookalong - #26 - Peanut Butter
Cookalong #26---------Peanut Butter!!! clip this post...
ann_t
Cooking Forum Dictionary
EVOO - Extra Virgin Olive Oil POOF - Pulled out of...
ann_t
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™