I am looking for a quilt frame pattern

msbehavinDecember 29, 2007

I have been searching for a quilt frame pattern. I read a few years back how to make one out of a card table. I now can't find the directions. Does anyone know how to do this. I think one just takes the top off and maybe sew ticking to the bars. I would sure like to find a site for making your own quilt frame.

Any kind. I think you can also make one out of pvc pipe. Thank You

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
amazingcm

Check out Ebay I saw a pattern there not long ago. I think the guy had a web site with more also... grace

Bookmark   December 29, 2007 at 2:04PM
cmc_97

Here are a few possibilities:

Quilt frame built by Alex AndersonÂs Dad, instructions on HGTV web site

To see the Simply Quilts video, go to the
Simply Quilts Video Center
and search for

Joe Sladky's Quilt Frame

In the Video Search field (HGTV does not make it easy to link directly to the video segment you want, unfortunately).

Other ideas:

A set of plans for sale

Another set of plans for sale

Texas BobÂs Free Quilt Frame Plans (very simple)

Here's a card table sort of (patented) design. This vendor is selling the quilt frames, not the plans:

Folding quilt frame product

HTH,
CMC

Bookmark   December 29, 2007 at 5:18PM
marty_mo

I found the information below on a hint/tip site...maybe it will work...if so...please post pictures and let us know how it worked.

Marty

"Here's a great idea! I was about to throw out an old card table (with a fiber cardboard top)....then an idea hit me, convert it into a portable quilting frame! I removed the top with my trusty butcher knife, as close to the edge as it would allow. Using fabric scraps I wrapped the edge and securely fastened the fabric to it with a staple gun. I fastened my quilt to the edges with binder clips. Presto! A fantastic, portable, easily stored quilting frame!"

Bookmark   December 29, 2007 at 5:18PM
msbehavin

You guys are great. I guess I best be knocking the dust off my saw. The card table is exactly what I was searching for. That would be nice for smaller quilts. Here is my suggestion for quilters. I found a folding table similar to a card table (Walmart or one of the chain stores) except it is about 4' long and 2' wide. To make the table taller you just set the legs in pvc pipe big enough around to fit over the legs. I capped the legs with pvc caps. Presto a taller work table nice for cutting. A padded and covered piece of plywood over top makes a nice pressing area. Thank you for helping me.

Bookmark   December 29, 2007 at 8:06PM
thelmapoole

http://www.arkansite.com/photo/quilt-frame?xg_source=activity

Here is a site where I posted a pattern of a quilting frame that I saw in The Family Handyman. I had never seen one like it before so I posted the picture on my page on Arkansite.com. I have not used it yet and may need shallow notches on the rails once I start using it, but it seems to have plenty of friction just the way it is. The rails need to be of hardwood and a narrow band of doubled fabric stapled or tacked to them so you can pin your quilt on the rails.

Here is a link that might be useful: Arkansite.com

Bookmark   September 8, 2011 at 8:20PM
More Discussions
Quilting ideas please
The sailboat quilt will be put in the frame this evening....
grammyp
Washing polyester quilt tops?
Hello, My granny recently gave me a couple of quilt...
anniebeagle
2015 Block Lotto At a Glance
This is going to be a long post, so apologies in advance...
polardreams
2015 April Block Lotto
Welcome to the April Block Lotto! The lotto is open...
polardreams
Heart Blocks
These blocks are made up of 3 1/2" squares of...
geezerfolks_SharonG_FL
Sponsored Products
Mountain Collection Cast Bronze Ridged Knob
Signature Hardware
Ivory Home & Porch Indoor/Outdoor Rug
$21.99 | zulily
Tiffany Stained Glass Desk Lamp Shades
ParrotUncle
Worlds Away - Maxwell Black Pendant - MAXWELL AMB
Great Furniture Deal
nuLOOM Handmade Black Norwegian Floral Pattern Venom Rug (4' x 6')
Overstock.com
Carafe Bold Stripe Giclee Glow Plug-In Swag Pendant
Lamps Plus
Modern Indoor/Outdoor Artistic Weavers Rugs Tonsberg Ivory 2 ft. 6 in. x 8 ft.
Home Depot
New One of a Kind Hand Knotted Kazak 5'x7' Red & Ivory Oriental Wool Rug H3410
BH Sun Inc
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™