Pergo Panals for ceiling

worwizNovember 19, 2010

I was thinking of using Pergo or an off brand of man made flooring, what I am going to do is put 1 x 2 strips 16 OC across the 24 OC trusses then install flooring panels across them as would be done with hard wood using a finish nailer and nailing every 16 in. in the seam to hold the panels up. I am a little concerned about expansion and buckling. Has anyone ever done this? This is a large room with a pitched ceiling maybe gluing them up would be better? Or maybe it can not be done at all, any advice would be much appreciated, and thanks in advance

worwiz

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
live_wire_oak

With solid hardwood, maybe. With a "floating floor" it wouldn't be a good idea at all.

Bookmark   November 20, 2010 at 6:09PM
houseful

That was exactly what I had planned until I found tongue and groove solid pine planks at Home Depot. A 12-footer costs about $7. I used wood conditioner and stained them which took no time at all. I did not even use a poly final coat since they wouldn't get any wear and tear.

Bookmark   November 21, 2010 at 9:13AM
wi-sailorgirl

It would be much cheaper, look better and work far better to just buy pine V-groove panels from one of the big boxes. You can stain or paint them before you put them up.

Bookmark   November 21, 2010 at 9:56AM
More Discussions
4" or 5" rounded newell posts--where to order?
Is there such a thing as a 4" or 5" round...
bisondaktelcom
adding a room, relocating stairs, relocating kitchen
My husband and I are planning on adding a one story...
soapstoneshel
Popcorn Ceiling Removal...Is it worth it?
I have read many of the posts regarding Popcorn Ceilings...
cudjoegal
need help designing shed dormers
we bought an 1864 post and beam house and want to add...
lisafromvermont
Help with exterior remodel!
Help! I want to remodel the exterior of my house. ...
Jeff Holmes
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™