long door knob latch bolt or strike plate spacers

jmorrowSeptember 15, 2011

I need help! remodeling a room

almost finished but we just realized

that 1 door frame is warped on the

side where the knob is. it bows out

in the center so the door knob bolt

won't hit the striker plate. its too late

to redo it, so does anyone know if

any companies make an extra long

(maybe 3/ 8 longer than normal)

bolt? or spacers for the strike plate?

I could make a spacer, but I thought

maybe someone might make one a

little prettier than I could make LOL.

I would very much prefer a long bolt

as it wouldn't be noticeable like a

spaced out plate. I've looked around

and can't find anything, I hope

someone here can help. thanks!

can you make the bolt from a deadbolt work with a regular knob? if so that would be OK, it's just a closet door.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo

Why not just pull off the trim and shim the jamb so that it's flat?

    Bookmark   September 15, 2011 at 7:36AM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo

nobody makes something like that because nobody would do that. and i agree with mike its the easiest fix. if you have 2 3/8 back set and get 2 3/4 backset bolt and try to get it to work but it still would look like ?hit.

    Bookmark   September 15, 2011 at 9:42AM
Sign Up to comment
More Discussions
Getting ready to remodel the second floor, where to start?
We are beginning to interview contractors. Would like...
prairiemoon2 z6 MA
Do I match exterior door/window hardware to interior?
We will have white interior doors with oil rubbed bronze...
Open or closed floor plan into dining room?
We are in the process of doing a home addition off...
Laying tile without cement board?
We pulled some tile up in several spaces. The tile...
Design and Planning a Remodel/Addition on a Budget
I bought my first home three years ago and had grand...
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™