reputable machine parts vendor?

emme-dcJuly 18, 2012

I have never quilted on my own machine, and am finally ready to gear up to do it. I've identified the walking foot and FM foot that are compatible with my old Viking, but of course I am buying online, since there are no Viking storefronts around.

So here's my hesitation: is the vendor for real? I can't find any reviews that attest to their record of customer service (or lack of it). I can't tell if it's one of those flim-flam web vendors. I'm just wary of a vendor that's selling for 10-15% less than the competitors. But if they really deliver the products they're selling, I'll buy from them. Can anyone comment about an experience with "my sewing machine parts dot com"? Or for that matter recommend any vendor of parts that include Viking parts?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
ritaweeda

I don't know anything about this online vendor, but the local guy here who repairs Vikings says that Viking won't even allow him access to their parts. I don't know how long this has been case, but I would investigate anyone who claims that they have Viking parts. But there are feet out there that fit all kinds of machines so maybe that's the case with what you want.

Bookmark   August 23, 2012 at 4:48PM
K8Orlando

This isn't about Viking or about the website you mentioned, but I searched for a long time for the big open C-shaped FM quilting foot I wanted. The one made by a big name machine manufacturer that would fit my machine was $22. The no name one I found with the right shaft length was $9, fits just right and works great! Why not give the one you found a try?

Kate

Bookmark   August 23, 2012 at 5:36PM
magothyrivergirl

I've bought from a company with a similar name.
I was very happy with their service. I was looking for a certain foot and bought one they promised would fit made by another manufacturer. They were right and the service was great. I recommend calling and asking about the Viking parts you need. They are located in Atlanta GA.
Hope this helps you!

Here is a link that might be useful: Sewingmachine.com

Bookmark   August 23, 2012 at 9:09PM
More Discussions
MARCH 2015 Lotto Block
MARCH Friendship Star 12-1/2" - Black and white...
beth7happy
Old/new names
So I (we) don't lose anyone, I think listing our forum...
jennifer_in_va
how large is your design wall?
I was just wondering how large everyones design wall...
redpenny
Oh my!
Switching over to Houzz very challenging! I sure hope...
nannykins
Another feature found
So, I found another feature that I thought you a) might...
jennifer_in_va
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™