Townhouse sale potentially falling apart, may have to relist
It was too good to be true. All of the offers we received were contingent on FHA financing, but it turns out that as of April 2012, our development is not FHA-approved.
The buyer really wants the house and is trying to get approved for traditional financing, but if that doesn't pan out, I guess we will have to put the house back on the market.
If we re-list the house, I think I would like to list it $5,000 higher than we originally did. We aren't in a hurry to sell. We would prefer to move out by August 15, but our new house won't be ready until Oct/Nov so we have some time to wait for a buyer if we must.
Thoughts? Comments? I-told-you-sos? :)