We pet owners are worse for the environment than SUV drivers

HandyMacDecember 22, 2009

http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20091220/sc_afp/lifestyleclimatewarminganimalsfood

Shame on us.

Now, the authors of that ridiculous article can kiss my rosy red-----er-----nose.

It is unbelieveable to what inane lengths some people will stoop to have their 15 minutes of attention.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
petaloid

This probably belongs on Animal Debates, but I agree with you that it's a ridiculous article.

All animals leave a "carbon footprint," including humans, don't we? Plants and animals are all rightful parts of the world.

We may be able to slow down global warming a bit in other ways, but pets to share our lives with are not expendable, in my opinion.

Bookmark   December 22, 2009 at 11:24AM
Gina_W

Those types of people would be happy if the whole human race just up and died and left the earth alone. Crackpots.

Bookmark   December 22, 2009 at 2:55PM
lilod

I say that if they lived in Afghanistan, they would be Taliban...that mind-set is not restricted to one place or people, there are always people who have an agenda and they feel they are right.
I don't get exited about it, it's just their skewed opinion.

Bookmark   December 23, 2009 at 9:20AM
petra_gw

What an idiotic article, the impact of pets is minimal compared to industrial and other pollution caused by humans. I guess washing toxic chemicals into waterways and the ocean is fine, as long as it's done by people, but perish the though of dogs peeing outdoors. Stupid!!

Bookmark   December 23, 2009 at 12:20PM
puzzlefan

The researchers were simply stating facts. Very clinical but it doesn't cover the whole picture. The SUV owner probably has a couple of over indulged children, lives in too big a house, and buys every toy in sight. If we want to decrease carbon footprints, how about fewer children? I'd rather have a cat and a dog in every home than a child if you look at it from the carbon foot print standard.

Bookmark   December 24, 2009 at 7:37PM
jamas

The conceptions about SUV owners crack me up. I have one child who is not over-indulged (absolutely by his standards, pretty much by my standards and even by a crabby great-aunt's standards), do live in too big a house (but it's over 100 years old - recycling at its best), don't even own a DVD player and need the SUV to transport the dogs and navigate the driveway.

Bookmark   December 25, 2009 at 6:38PM
More Discussions
? on collar for indoor cats
After my elderly Annebelle kitty died last December...
abbey_cny
doggie dementia?
My 12 yr old dog has started waking up in the middle...
beaglemomma
Excellent Animal Hospital in New England?
We are happy with our vet (actually vets, she has a...
sue36
My cat has an unknown illness! Help!!!!
Hi There I have a 14 and a half year old male cat Sylvester...
rachelmfi
Let's see your beloved pets
We need some happy posts on this forum, so let's see...
pamghatten
Sponsored Products
Ciro Bronze One-Light Diamond LED Wall Sconce with Goldleaf Glass
$369.00 | Bellacor
Fore Mahogany Wine Holder
| Dot & Bo
Yellow Parking Mat
$13.99 | zulily
WP Daylight White PixelPro LED Rectangle Module
EnvironmentalLights.com
Tungsten Bronze 3-Inch Wide LED Mini-Pendant with Black Lined Glass
$214.00 | Bellacor