What do you think of Old Glory?

rcnaylorMay 22, 2008

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
abr4xii

Cool pic, I like it.
Just a personal thing but I would like to see the canton displayed in the upper left...flip it and have a see.

Bookmark   May 22, 2008 at 3:23PM
rcnaylor

Interesting thought. And, I bet you're right. Know of any way to do that in Picasa? Being cheap, that's where I do most of my editing.

Bookmark   May 22, 2008 at 3:41PM
abr4xii

Not Picasa..Open it in Paint..click Image then Flip.Rotate..dot in Flip Horizontal...click OK...click File and Save As(give it a new name) don't use Save as it will replace the old image.

Bookmark   May 22, 2008 at 3:52PM
rcnaylor

Thanks for the tip.

Bookmark   May 22, 2008 at 5:05PM
zitro_joe

Looks great, way to start off Memorial Day Weekend.

Today the casualty remains of a soldier flew to the base to be buried. I am guessing he is from the Tucson area. We went out to the flight line to salute the soldier, show our respects to him. We weren't expecting the family to be there. I was not prepared for the sorrow and anguish expressed. We were about 100 yards away fromwhere the family meet the casket, you could see and hear the emotions. It was hard keeping my bearing during the salute when the flag and hurst passed by, I just can't get that moment out of my head.

I haven't had to worry about deployment the last three years since I have been teaching the new recruits. Brought a little perspective back to me, now that I will be headed back sometime in the future.

The President sent out a message asking for the American people to have a moment of silence Monday at 3pm. I hope everyone can block sometime out of their day to participate.

Zjoe

Bookmark   May 22, 2008 at 6:09PM
joanmn

I like it, I like it.
JoanMN

Bookmark   May 22, 2008 at 7:19PM
rcnaylor

Thanks Joan.

And, Zitro, thank you for a very concrete reminder, especially for this weekend.

Debts we'll never be able to fully repay. Our armed services are in my thoughts and prayers every day. Best of luck if deploy.

Bookmark   May 22, 2008 at 8:55PM
More Discussions
Some of my garden photography
Hi!!!! I didn't know there was a photography forum...
Desirai
Help with old photos from a Kodak digital camera
I recently found several old floppy discs that I had...
don_na_na
kentuck_8b
Butterfly in my Garden
While working in my garden, this fella allowed me enough...
joyfulflowers
DX or FX?
Hello all, I recently purchased a nikon d300. Im new...
andi2928
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™