PDF Converter to Document??

2sweetpeaNovember 29, 2012

I know there are good free converters Doc to PDF. Are there any Free PDF to Document converters? I would like to be able to fill out a form with my PC.
TIA

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
bob414

I don't know about converters but I fill out pdf forms with
PDF-XChange Viewer. Just open the form and select the typewriter tool and put your cursor where you want to type. If you go to the link above I would suggest choosing one of the major geek sites for download and when you install decline offers for the paid version. After you try it you may want to uninstall Adobe Reader which is a resource hog compared to pdf-Xchange.

Bookmark   November 29, 2012 at 5:53PM
2sweetpea

Thanjks Bob.
I downloaded the free pregram with no problem. However, all the tools (tyewriter etc.) are "grayed out" The program offers a download site ( the developer) for "creative tools" that appear to be a "pay for" download. Maybe I'm confused.

Bookmark   November 29, 2012 at 7:29PM
shaddy101

Wow.. never knew about this.. pretty simple.. It works.. .. screen shot and paste into paint and save as JPG.. we should all have adobe reader.. this is version 9 and they offer this free. Paint is in Windows.
Open the PDF, Under TOOLS, click select and zoom, go down menu to Snapshot tool, click that, and copy the picture? whatever, and open paint program, store in paint, and Under file in Paint, click SAVEAS whatever JPG, and be sure and choose JPG in type of file below. I am a newbie using this, and hope I explained it correctly. Good luck!!!!!!!!
If I can do it anyone can!!!!!!!!!!
I found I don't need another program on the machine, already have it.

Bookmark   November 29, 2012 at 8:27PM
bob414

Uhoh, maybe they have changed the abilities of the free version. I have been using it for a long time and none of those are greyed out. I'll see what I can find out.

Bookmark   November 29, 2012 at 8:31PM
2sweetpea

Shaddy- Thank you.
I guess I really don't understand. I have Adobe Reader 10, W7, Office 10. Following the directions for snapshot of document(print screen etc.) - the snapshot is only the screen view picture not the whole document and no ability to edit- ( complete the form)

Bob
How do I get the document on to the PDF X change viewer?
Maybe that is my problem.

I have to amend our 2011 taxes. The Federal Form is editable online. The state isn't, I am more accurate and faster at the PC than hand writing.
Pam

Bookmark   November 30, 2012 at 7:20AM
bob414

Right click on the file and then select 'open with' and the drop down menu and navigate toPDF-Xchange viewer. If you made it the default for pdf files it would open them when you double click on the file.
I just checked. The tools are grayed out if you don't have a file open.

This post was edited by bob414 on Fri, Nov 30, 12 at 8:58

Bookmark   November 30, 2012 at 8:17AM
2sweetpea

AHA!!!

I had not made PDFXchange my default for pdf files.

THANK YOU BOB!!!!

Bookmark   November 30, 2012 at 10:39AM
bob414

You're very welcome. I'm happy to be able to help.

Bookmark   November 30, 2012 at 12:32PM
ravencajun Zone 8b TX

I have been using this program for years now and I am very happy with it. I always install it on my new computers. I don't have any adobe Reader on any of my machines. Way too many vulnerabilities with Adobe Reader. Another good option is Sumatra also free and open source software .

Bookmark   November 30, 2012 at 4:43PM
More Discussions
System Restore on new windows 7 need password?
I just bought an Acer windows 7 tower and when I wanted...
urlee
Google Stylish add-on help
I have Google Stylish add-on but don't know how to...
Cricketm
Need help turning old computer into HTPC
I have an old computer. c2001. Motherboard is a D865GBF,...
Pooh Bear
Helping a elderly friend with their computer remotely
She is in her 90's, lives alone and needs help with...
jane__ny
Win 8 network settings
I need to export my network settings to a flash drive...
carolssis
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™