Hello to my SS family...
NH Suzanne - congrats on the cover. That must take a lot of pressure off of you.
BJ - you have such a wonderful outlook on things. I would've come on here cussin about my flat, but you decided to see the bright side of it!
Marci - I wanna be that bear right now. Cuddled up with a cup of tea (not going to mention the cookie). Maybe Sunday I can do that LOL.
My art class was awesome last night. I think I needed a break. I came back and my painting is starting out so nicely - I hope it continues. I chose to do a country scene with a pond in the foreground - mostly muted colors. If it is post worthy, I will put a photo up, but you will have to wait a few weeks for that LOL.
Speaking of art - where has AMY been?
Besh - hope all is well with MIL - let us know.
Gret - hope no one else has gotten letters from your DEX! Hang in there girl.
DeeMarie - Did you enjoy your snow day? You probably booked another cruise while you were home.
I'm telling you, a vacation looks mighty good to me right now, but not doable!
Maddie - Hope your days have been a bit brighter - I think of you often.
Gotta get back to work - anyone lurking, check in!
Good Day all,
Raeanne, I am sorry this is so late! I know you have been breathless with anticipation! LOL
I am so glad it's Friday! Where is everyone???
HELLOOOOOOOOOO anyone out there?????
1. Birth date November 20th
2. Favorite Scent - For perfume it's Magie Noir by Lancome other scents that I love are real lavender, real lilacs, peonies. I have a very sensitive nose and don t like anything but the real thing. I love the smell of the forest in fall too.
3. Favorite Artist - that changes quite alot but I always come back to Monet but I have equine artists that are favorites like Leslie Tolman whose work is spectacular as she truly captures the horses spirit..
4. Favorite Type of Book - Cookbook
5. Favorite Author - Julia Child
6. Favorite Online Store - I have lots of favorites it's hard to pick one or even two but I always use Amazon.com
7. Favorite National Store Chain - Home Goods
8. Favorite color or color combination Blues and yellows and the colors of Provence in general.
9. Hobbies or special interests - My horses of course carriage driving and camping with them too, bird watching, anything to do with mother nature. active in committees for open space preservation, cooking. I have tons of special interests but no time for all of them.
10. Occupation - Ad rep for an equine publication called Equine Journal. Formerly a structural steel project manager.
11. Do you collect anything in particular? I have tried to get away from the collecting of things but I still collect blue and white china, cobalt glass if it's unusual, salt cellars. My biggest collection of things is horse tack and horse carts!!!
12. Describe your decorating style. Eclectic with a tendency towards French country style one friend describes my home as French country - elegant
13. Favorite Season - Spring, Summer ,fall and winter in that order!
14. Favorite Musician or Musical Group I have so many favorites it's hard to pick just one right now I am listening to alot of Marc Antoine but I love practically everything from Motzart to Metallica and most everything in between. Except Country music, I donÂt care for in the least.
15. Is there a new hobby or subject you would like to learn more about? Combined driving with my horse and endurance riding and I would really love to speak French really well. I am fascinated with color genetics in regard to horse breeding.
16. Describe your personality in 10 words or less. Intense, fiercely loyal friend, generous, animal lover, and a warped sense of humor.
17. If you could travel to anywhere in the world, where would you go?
I love France and Italy and I would love to travel more there. I would also like to see Austrailia and New Zealand some day. I can't think of many places I wouldn't want to travel to eventually.
18. If you could live anywhere in the world, where would you live?
I would probably pick Provence or Tuscany but that's a really hard question to answer I mean, suppose you REALLY could live anywhere you want......how would you choose?
19. List anything else your think your partner might want to know about you. I can't think of much about me that I haven't already revealed here at one time or another!
Well, I'm back but I'm not REALLY back. Dave got turned down again on his VA claim so I HAVE to work very hard to get it all straightened out. I've missed you. Dave had the heart attack & then pneumonia for almost 7 weeks. I've been battling my CFIDS & FM so we've been a pair. LOL
Marci~I got your package today. I want to thank-you so much. I will get your thank-you note off soon. I want you to know how much you are appreciated.
Maddie~I heard the sad news & I honestly can feel your pain. It is never easy. [[[[ H U G S ]]]]
I'll try to get my survey done soon. Just so much going on right now. I'll try my best to check in every day. This is the BEST group & it is addictive. We've all been here together for quite some time & I feel like you are my family! Patti :)
Hi guys! Geez!, this place is SO slow lately! I guess life gets in the way of things!
We had a rain/wind storm last night and the trees were cracking and snapping outside our window. The evergreens are over a hundred feet tall, so it's scary to hear the noises. I'm calling an arborist today and having the trees trimmed and checked. My driveway storm drain is clogged with leaves and debris, so I have to call Roto Rooter too. Winter around here is such a party!---lol.
I am going to weigh in and see if that brings me any joy. Too bad the pounds don't come off as easily as they come on!
I'm looking forward to the weekend: taking the older girls to "Perfect Score", the SAT-based movie. Also taking in the Super Bowl commercials and shows while I sort and pair up a week's worth of socks for the family of 6!
Then, SURVIVOR. Who's watching?
Well, gotta go get my tire fixed or buy a new one.
Stop by and say hi!
Ha! While I was writing my post, many checked in! So, hi! And welcome back Patti!
Marci: I loved the bear gif. I had green tea and a molasses ginger cookie last night. yum.
BJ - I will be watching Survivor. I am not an avid fan, but I usually enjoy watching them when they get near to the end LOL.
Friends that we went to Cancun with are throwing a Cancun reunion party tomorrow night. I swear I am doomed. Mexican food is anything but SS legal and I'm not even talking about the Margaritas and Pina Coladas. And then there's the Super Bowl party Sunday YIKES.
I am going to Yoga tonight and then I will pray for strength to eat well.
I am almost done with the terribly long week! I almost at my goal too and it feels good to be going home with that under my belt. It's been long haul.
I will celebrate with some green tea! I love the gun powder green and I buy it buy the ounce from a local tea vendor. They have lovely teas.
Patti, good to hear from you. I hope to hear more from you soon.
Amy, where are you? I thought of you when they showed us the tornado funnel clouds last week.
Check in everyone.
Patti - I missed your post before. I am so sorry that Dave was knocked down by the VA again. (((((HUGS TO BOTH OF YOU))))
BJ - if you read this watch Oprah - very interesting and fits into your recent reading material. Researching body parts. Oprah just had her hand in a human heart...
Sorry I've been missing. I joined a Guild of Artisans on the Uru game, then they decided to have a music and art contest for members, then Ubisoft, the producers of the game, decided to make it a whole game thing. They announced on their web site that there would be a "light and sound" contest for all players. I've been working on a submission, but now that I've sent it, I'm feeling bad about myself big time. I can feel it in the middle of my back. I know that everything's fine and even if it gets criticized instead of praised, I'm still fine, but I'm surprised at how scared I feel. I guess any time that I put myself out there, it's hard. It's sci fi and I don't know if it's appropriate to the game, I just did it. and clicked "send."
I'm going to post this and then type more. I have my birthday info ready to put up. NH Suzanne, I was glad to see that you were just getting yours up, too.
Here's my birthday info:
1. Birth date: 12-30-42
2. Favorite Scent: vanilla, lavender, gardenia, rose, baywood, dogwood, lemon, and others
3. Favorite Artist: Hard to say in the past, Edward Hopper, Edvard Munk, Dali, Michaelangelo, Now Iâm kind of into Tab Oro because he does tropical stuff, and Jim Warren
4. Favorite Type of Book: Anything well written and hard to put down, except for gross-out horror. Right now my eyes are sore so Iâm not reading much.
5. Favorite Author: donât know. I like sci fi like HG Wells, as old as he is, and Heinlein, but Iâve read all their stuff. Iâd like to read Oprahâs latest book club pick â 100 Years of Solitude â but I need to read some other things and, as I said, my eyes are sore. Actually I plan to read Joseph Campbellâs âA Heroâs Journeyâ and relate it to the game Iâm playing online.
6. Favorite Online Store: amazon, ebay, low carb sites, and herbal supplement sites like vitacost.com
7. Favorite National Store Chain: Walmart and Kmart because thatâs all we have on the Island. Oh, we just got a Home Depot.
8. Favorite color or color combination: Many things, lavender and turquoise are nice, yellow and white, black and Kelly green
9. Hobbies or special interests: uru, uru, uru, uru, uru music, and cats, not necessarily in that order.
10. Occupation: free lance visual artist
11. Do you collect anything in particular? Good feelings
12. Describe your decorating style: What I like is anything simplistic, elegant, warm and inviting but simple; what I have is whatever I can get in the space I have from wherever I can get it.
13. Favorite Season: Used to be spring and fall, but winter is nice here
14. Favorite Musician or Musical Group: I like Evanescence and Sting.
15. Is there a new hobby or subject you would like to learn more about? Joseph Campbellâs study of mythology.
16. Describe your personality in 10 words or less. At the moment tired. Otherwise, motivated, friendly, passionate, creativeâ¦and tired.
17. If you could travel to anywhere in the world, where would you go: Hawaii. Seriously, if I were well enough to travel, Iâd like to go to India to meet a child Iâm sponsoring there, and to Greece. (I met someone in the online game who lives in Greece.)
18. If you could live anywhere in the world, where would you live: A tropical island in the Pacific, like maybe Kauai. Someone online said to me recently that she had heard that Kauai was the place that healers go to be healed. That was nice.
19. List anything else your think your partner might want to know about you: I love treats. Teas and flavors keep me happy for days.
I'm making up for lost days, I think.
Thank you so much for the gifts and cards that I received over Christmas and my birthday. BJ, you are always surprising me with your thoughtfulness. It has really made a difference in my life.
Maddie, if you're reading, I'm thinking of you, and Patty, and all of you.
My online "love life" is interesting. I wouldn't have expected all of these feelings to come up. I'm doing the best I can with it and practicing not being stupid. :) Trying anyway. It seems, like in real life that the one I want most to be interested ignores me and the one(s) I'm not that interested in, comes after me. But it's a lot of fun, as long as I don't take it to seriously. There are a lot of bugs in the game still that they are working on. Playing is frustrating and of course I make my eyes sore.
I'm working on my paintings, too, and I need to redo my web site ASAP.
Wednesday a bird got into my house and hid under the bed. Heather tried to get at it, but couldn't. It was there all night. I put some water under the bed. Thursday morning when Heather was out in front, I opened the back door and, luckily, got the bird out. What a strange experience.
Please everyone think positive thoughts for me about the contest. I don't even care about winning anything so much as I care about having my work respected and enjoyed by others. Many of the competitors are professional graphic artists, and I'm not. My version of PhotoShop is about 4 years old. But I gave it a shot anyway. I hear that's what counts.
It's warm here - about 75. I saw the tornadoes on the news, too. We didn't have any here, they were on Oahu I think. Very unusual for Hawaii. My DS said that the high in Madison today is supposed to be 0. I have to say, I'm glad I'm not dealing with the cold.
Peace, comfort, and success to everyone. *I'll be back*
I am so glad this week is over! Between the snow day, the 2-hour delays and the day we had to cancel afternoon classes, I feel like I played catch up all the rest of the time. We sponsored a book fair at school this week and I ended up working through my lunch hour and staying much later than I usually do after school, so everyone that wanted to, got a chance to shop. Plus one of my co-workers just came back after having back surgery, and she is limited as to what she can do. I don't mind helping her and I am glad she feels well enough to come back, but it does meant that I don't have a minute to myself during the day.
I bought I Capture the Castle on DVD and I can't wait to watch it this weekend. I also bought Il Postino (love those B&N gift certificates!) and I may watch that one too. It isn't supposed to snow here this weekend, so I plan on catching up on errands tomorrow.
Patti - I am so glad you are back! But I am so sad to hear that Dave was turned down again. You must be so frustrated. Please know that we are here for you both. (((Hugs to both of you.))) And I am glad the package arrived. It was probably all old news by now though! LOL
I did want to let everyone know that right now, my email won't accept any attachments. I was getting so many emails with the latest worm in them, that I turned off my emails ability to except attachments of any kind. So if any one wants to send me any more pictures, let me know here or through a regular email and I will give you an alternate email to send the pictures.
I am going to post a picture of my newest great-niece in a separate album if you want to take a peek. She was born January 18th and her name is Abigail Rose. She is a sweetie!!
Count me among those who can't wait for All-Star Survivor!! I really think this is going to be a good one. And speaking of reality TV, has anyone been watching The Apprentice? I don't like The Donald, and I didn't have any interest in watching it, but there wasn't anything else on TV last night so I tuned in. It was surprisingly interesting.
BJ - Can you believe that I have never had a flat tire? When I learned how to drive, my Dad showed me how to change a tire, check the air in my tires, and check all my fluids. I am sure that I need a refresher course in tire changing though, since it has been more than a few years since I got my license! LOL
NHSuzanne - Congrats on your new client!!
DeeMarie - I am working on your birthday package!!
Raeanne - I need to make a HUGE batch of sauce this weekend. I cleaned out my freezer on one of the snow days, and now I have room. I found stuff in there from 2002!
Gretchen - I am glad the book arrived. I just got another book by her, Harvesting the Heart. Will let you know how it is.
Besh - I was hoping that the book fair would have some of the books you had mentioned, but I didn't find any of the titles you had talked about. Last year I got Because of Winn Dixie and the year before that I got Holes. But the selection this year seemd limited for that age group.
Hi to anyone I missed. Have a great weekend and try to stay dry and/or warm!
Good Saturday Morning Everyone,
I have been cleaning files out for the new year and it's a huge job because I haven't done it since we moved to this house 3 1/2 years ago! Better late than never.
I am going to the hair salon at 2pm today and I am thinking of something different. Shorter and a tad redder than usual. I get lighter in the summer and go redder in the winter months for warmth. I will report later.
Big bummer to report. As most of you remember we are going to be taking a trip for my inlaws 50th anniversary in lieu of a party. I think we are going somewhere in the carribean not sure where yet but somewhere. Anyway, bummer is that the week we are going is the same week that I have reserved to go to Acadia National Park in Maine with my driving club :-((((( I am so bummed out. I have already reserved and paid for my stalls, half the deposit for the cottage. Plus, I will be letting my two girlfriends down. I have to go on the family trip and I know my friends will understand but I am so disappointed. DH and dear girlfriends and I were really looking forward to going this year. Oh well, I might as well suck it up and stop whining about it.
What's everyone up to today.
Just wanted to check in & say hi to everyone. Thanks for being so good to Dave & I. We will keep on working b/c I know that Dave is telling the truth & that the truth will prevail in the end. In the meantime, I have a whole lot of work to do. I have a friend in cyberspace that has found an attorney that might take on our case if it goes that far. I think that I have 2 other alternatives at this point & I want to get everything ready & sent to perspective people & weigh our options carefully. This is Dave's life that I'm dealing with & I only want the best for him. The VA says that his high blood pressure for 23 years didn't have anything to do with his heart attack. Pul-lease!!
I watched the Oprah show & was very intrigued. Dave wasn't around & I wished that I had been able to tape it. I think that it would have been good motivation for both of us.
I NEVER watch any of the reality shows but I have to say that watching "My Big Fat Obnoxious Fiance" has been hiliarious. The woman doesn't have a clue. She keeps saying that the guy has a "thing" for her. I have to say that he is a good actor! LOL
I hate that I'm missing "Rabbit, Rabbit" by an hour but that is the way that it is.
Marci~I'm reading "The Life of Pi" & loving it.
Take care. We aren't going to be good for the Super Bowl but we will have to start after that is over. We have Valentine's Day & an anniversary this month so we are both pretty excited about that. Nine years of wedded Bliss! Honestly, I don't know how I was able to get Dave to fall for me but I'm certainly glad that he did. Patti :)
Marci~Cute--You beat me. Rabbit! Rabbit! Patti :)
Marci: Right ON the hour! "0:00"
How'd ya do that? Verrrrrrrrrrrrry precise!
And SOOOOOOOOOOOOO cute!
Happy SuperBowl Sunday!!!!
Big day here in New England!!!!! I am making ribs and chicken wings. I'm just hoping if the game gets too intense DH doesn't have a stroke!!! Last game he watched clutching his chest. LOL
Marci, you are so cute. I love the bunny bunny!!
((((Patti and Dave)))), I am so sorry that you got turned down again. I don't know of anyone so deserving as the both of you. I admire your willingness to keep at it and I think your attitude is awesome! Please don't stay away so long!
Amy, you too are a professional artist, so please be nice to yourself. All artists have a different interpertation of things and you submitted yours. If someone feels they need to be critical of your work, then maybe they need to take a step back and look at their own. I think you are brave to put yourself out there and you should be proud of that. Please let us know how it goes.
NHSuzie, congratulations on the cover!! Way to go. Bummer about the trips. Doesn't it figure? Is there anyway a date for either trip can be changed?
I saw the previews for the Oprah show but did not get to watch it. Was it about how being overweight destroys your organs? I wish I had seen it.
My mom was here for the weekend. Yesterday we went to see "Somethings Got To Give". I loved it and will rent it again when it is out on DVD. Really cute and Diane Keaton looks great. A real natural, you can tell that she has had no plastic surgery or cosmetic procedures and I admire that.
Marci, sometimes those book fairs are so over priced anyway you probably would do better getting those books from Amazon or you must get a teachers discount from Borders and Barnes and Noble.
BJ, did you buy Hanging on to Max for your daughter?
MIL is home from the hospital and doing much better. It will be a slow recovery and I hope she can stay down long enough. She is a real cleaning freak.
DH was slow at work last week so he thought it would be a good time to trim out the new windows and paint the living room. Now I am not complaining that he wanted to do it but I came home from work on Friday and the entire living room was in the dining room. Yikes. The LR is now painted so I must put it back together. I was planning on doing this major cleaning job the week of February school vacation, but I don't think I can wait another 2 weeks. Now he starts a big job tomorrow and won't be available to finish what he started. Ugh!
Enjoy the day. GO PATS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
One more thing....
I absolutely will be watching the next Survivor series. Can't wait!!
Besh - Oprah was about just unhealthy living in general, overeating, smoking, not exercising. They showed all the fat underneath the skin YIKES, they showed a liver, gallstones, fibroid tumor, smoker's lung, piece of the spine that had osteoporosis (sp?), a heart from someone that had a heart attack. Very interesting.
The part that I liked the most was that Dr. Ornish came on and said that the very best thing you can do is to meditate each day, even if it is only for 1 minute.
Marci - too adorable! and what timing!
Patti - thanks for checking in.
Amy - I agree with Besh - don't be so hard on yourself - we all know how talented you are.
I did my water yoga this morning and then floated around the hot tub and read for 20 minutes. I like starting my day like that.
We are going to a superbowl party tonight. I really am going to try to eat well and only drink red wine! Tomorrow I am on the totally straight and narrow - that is a promise!
Have a great Sunday.
No big plans for the Super Bowl. DH has to work and won't be home to watch the game. He is rooting for The Patriots and DS is rooting for The Panthers. I am secretely hoping New England wins, so I will tune in from time to time to watch and check on the score. But I don't plan on watching the whole game, unless it is really exciting.
I am making a huge batch of sauce today and will use some of it for Chicken Parmesan for dinner. I have been brushing my teeth right after dinner lately and trying not to eat after that. So I don't plan on snacking during the movie or during Survivor. We shall see if I can stick to my plan.
Laundry is done, errands are run and the house is in order. I am going to sit down and finish reading Shadow Baby.
May the best team win!
Well, congratulations Pat fans! It was really a good game & I had a great time watching the commercials too. LOL Just trying to check in. I've got a lot of pressure on me to get things done in time for the next review. I only have until March 23 & if time goes by as quickly as January then I'm sunk! Gotta keep my head above water! Won't go down without giving it all that I've got. :) Patti