Broan Elite Exhaust Hoods

RbakerDecember 25, 2012

I'm thinking about buying a Broan Elite hood (E6048TSS) does anyone have any experience with them? Are there any issues I should be aware of?

Thanks!!!

Ryan

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
attofarad

I haven't installed it, but I have the 36" version with external (roof mounted) blower. Looks good, not considered really high-end or artsy, but will be fine in my $250k remodel. I'm looking foward to having the fan remote, since my wife is extremely sensitive to noise and will almost never use her current Viking hood fan. I added a duct noise damper/muffler between new Broan hood and the remote blower.

At 1200CFM, you will likely need make-up air. This may be a practical requirement, or a code-enforced one. If is isn't code, you can probably get by with opening a window before really cranking up the fan speed.

This post was edited by attofarad on Tue, Dec 25, 12 at 18:20

Bookmark   December 25, 2012 at 6:09PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Rbaker

Thanks!!

My only concern is it's functionality as it will be covered by a custom hood housing my cabinet maker designed. I've vacillated back and forth with the make up air unit. The way my kitchen is laid out it's not the best scenario for it. I'm going to do the window when I really need to crank it up and see if that's a long term solution. If not, I'll install the MUA unit...

Bookmark   December 26, 2012 at 9:44AM
More Discussions
Need advice on combining induction and gas
This is my first post. Please forgive the length or...
jdsb2
Convection Microwave vs Speed Cook Microwave Help
We are remodeling our basement to include a kitchenette...
Teresa Cooper
Daily Luxury Convenience (Combi Steam) vs. Tried & True Dbl Oven
I asked questions about the steam oven last month....
lawjedi
Counter depth refrigerators - who actually stocks them?
I need to replace my current counter depth refrigerator,...
yjacket86
High end appliances thermador vs. dacor
I currently have dacor ovens. I am trying decide brands...
mcaprizs
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™