Bought this for me, today and they work

glenda_alDecember 14, 2012

At least for me! Already tried in the kitchen and bathroom, and they work!

Plus you can remove the sole and wash. The whole shoe is washable as well.

I'm not good in bending over anymore and this is perfect for me.

Slipper Genie $5.95 at WalMart

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
marie_ndcal

I am reluctant to use anything like this because of falling. I don't bounce as good as I used to. Since I fell on ice 2 years ago, I am super careful, but then I can bend over without much of a problem. Curious is that what you bought them to wash the floor?

Bookmark   December 14, 2012 at 10:30PM
glenda_al

A caution saying do not use if your balance is unstable.

They are to wipe or dust floors.

Not for carpets.

Not for everyone, but ME, I'm pleased with my purchase.

Perfect for me, to go around the toilet and kitchen edges.

Bookmark   December 14, 2012 at 10:39PM
katlan

How cool. I've never heard of them. Sounds like a fab idea.

Bookmark   December 14, 2012 at 10:41PM
YogaLady1948

I have for the 22 years I have lived in this house, mopped my floor with a wet kitchen towels soaked in vineager water~~ring them out a bit, then I move the towels around with my feet~~~no bending for me~~my floor has always looked great;)

Bookmark   December 14, 2012 at 10:47PM
glenda_al

As I said, works for me!

Just sharing :o)

Bookmark   December 14, 2012 at 11:03PM
angelaid

@ Glenda - why are always so defensive? I mentioned hubby loved your chili, but next time he wanted more beans, and you flipped out!

Chill, woman! Why do you have to make people feel like crap because what "works for" you, may not work for them/us?

Bookmark   December 15, 2012 at 12:12AM
drewsmaga

I'm going to buy these. Thanks for letting me know they exist.

Bookmark   December 15, 2012 at 12:48AM
ont_gal

sounds like a great idea-and yoga ldys idea works for me too-thank you gals!

Bookmark   December 15, 2012 at 2:00AM
summershine1

Wow, I didn't take Glenda's post as being defensive at all. I did take your post as not being very nice though.

Bookmark   December 15, 2012 at 6:39AM
chloecat

I'm with angelaid. Glenda very often does come across as defensive, and I picked up on it in this post, too.

But that's just the Glenda we all know and love. :)

Bookmark   December 15, 2012 at 8:40AM
shelly_seattle

That is a trait of Glenda's that we all just have to put up with. It's just how she is. If she gets to many negative comments she will say she is leaving then wait for everyone to beg her to stay. I imagine it's just her way of getting attention.
That's just Glenda. :)

Bookmark   December 15, 2012 at 9:01AM
jannie

Do they make these for kids? When mine were little it would Have made a great game.

Bookmark   December 15, 2012 at 9:03AM
hounds_x_two

Just checked my calendar. I didn't realize this was Bash Glenda Day!

I think the shoes look like fun! If marketed as a new workout routine, they could have charged bunches more.

Bookmark   December 15, 2012 at 9:38AM
rhizo_1 (North AL) zone 7

I'd be terrified to wear something like this on a smooth floor. You're braver than I am, Glenda! My be-socked foot slipped out from under me in the kitchen last year. I landed smack on my left knee and used my right hand to try to catch myself....did some wicked damage to my right shoulder. Three months of PT, three times a week!

So, be careful, girl!

Bookmark   December 15, 2012 at 9:38AM

I'd be terrified to wear something like this on a smooth floor. You're braver than I am, Glenda! My be-socked foot slipped out from under me in the kitchen last year. I landed smack on my left knee and used my right hand to try to catch myself....did some wicked damage to my right shoulder. Three months of PT, three times a week!

So, be careful, girl!

Bookmark   December 15, 2012 at 9:42AM
patti43

Ooh, I wish I was 30 years younger--I would've had a great time with these! I still should get some--the workout would be good for me legs. I would think you would "shuffled", not run and slide (which is what I would have done back in the day). Thanks for the tip--and I love you!

Bookmark   December 15, 2012 at 9:48AM
RuthieG__TX

I've seen them at Walmart but don't know what size shoe the housekeeper wears....

Bookmark   December 15, 2012 at 9:48AM
chi83

Hmm I think it's a good idea in theory but I'd worry about the sanitation aspect of it, unless it was washed every time between the bathroom and kitchen areas, especially if used around the toilet in a household with people with bad aim, haha. But then again I'm an unreasonably bad germophobe so maybe that's just me!

Bookmark   December 15, 2012 at 10:04AM
patti43

Chi, at that price you could get a pair for the kitchen and one for the baths.

Bookmark   December 15, 2012 at 11:09AM
ravencajun Zone 8b TX

I saw those at walmart and thought about buying them but with all my falls lately i figured i better not tempt fate.
I love those kind of cleaners with the "fingers" as I call them. I have a big one that is like a glove you stick your hand in it is wonderful for cleaning the TV and electronics, will not scratch. I have 2 small finger size ones I keep with my tablets, nothing removes finger smudges better. I also have one like that it goes on my flat mop sweeper is great for tile and wood.

Bookmark   December 15, 2012 at 11:19AM
glenda_al

raven, I bought those cleaners with the handles at Dollar Tree. Have several and love them.

Marie, appreciate your kindness :o) Thanks!

Bookmark   December 15, 2012 at 11:25AM
YogaLady1948

You coud buy the footie things that Glenda likes and do like I do with the wet kitchen towels just using it on one foot at a time to keep you balance~~~it's all good;)

Bookmark   December 15, 2012 at 1:24PM
petra_gw

Those look like they would work very well, thanks for posting! I had a friend who was from the Philippines and they used coconut husks to scrub floors. Same principal, put your foot on the husk after putting soapy water on the floor, and scrub away. She said her leg muscles were always in great shape while she lived there. :o)

Bookmark   December 15, 2012 at 2:07PM
joann23456

I want to buy these for the kids in my life - they'd have a great time with them, and they'd be able to get up if they fall down!

Btw, I didn't see anything the slightest bit defense in Glenda's post. She was just saying what works for her.

Bookmark   December 15, 2012 at 2:19PM

I totally agree...I didn't read any defensiveness in Glenda's remark. I really scratched my head over the negative comments.

Bookmark   December 15, 2012 at 2:47PM
the_catalyst

umm...i got the same impression as angelaid & the others that mentioned that little idiosyncrasy of glenda's. i suppose it's just a cute little quirk of hers. :D

the thing works for her i guess...

Bookmark   December 15, 2012 at 3:30PM
glenda_al

This post was edited by glenda_al on Sat, Dec 15, 12 at 16:50

Bookmark   December 15, 2012 at 3:58PM
summershine1

But why point people's "cute little quirks"? Or defensiveness or whatever one wants to call something to justify crappy comments? It isn't nice. It's cruel and rude. We all have our faults. And no one wants others to post about them. I don't care if you noticed it or not before,it's down right cruel to point it out.
It's the Christmas season. Lets be a little nicer to each other.

Bookmark   December 15, 2012 at 3:58PM
teresava

I've noticed it over the years too.

I think we can all assume that if you are posting about a product, recipe or movie, etc. you liked it and want to share it with others. Or the opposite, you are warning us not to bother.

It's also pretty much a given here that you can post about that same product, recipe or movie that you like and someone else will hate it. Who cares? Those that like it, great, you've gained a new favorite. For those that dislike, oh well, move on and try something different next time.

We all have different tastes, that's that makes the world go round!

Bookmark   December 15, 2012 at 4:12PM
shymilfromchi

I used to get out of bed in the morning and weave my way to the bedpost, then to the dresser, and finally to the bathroom. I wasn't drunk nor did I have a hangover - just a lack of balance. My neurologist told me to take 1000 MGs of vitamin B12 everyday. He assured me that it will not hurt any adult at all. If your body doesn't use it, it will be excreted. It works for me. Now I can walk in a straight line and haven't fallen since taking the vitamin.

Bookmark   December 15, 2012 at 8:36PM
chloecat

WTH does that have to do with these slippers, shymilfromchi???

Bookmark   December 15, 2012 at 9:55PM
joann23456

I think Shymilfromchi mentioned it because Glenda said the slippers weren't for people with poor balance, so she was suggesting something that might help with balance.

Bookmark   December 15, 2012 at 10:42PM
eileen101

Come on EVERYONE...is there anyone out there that is perfect? We all have different ways of expressing ourselves and relating stories. Is your way the only way?
Please be happy that you and yours are alive today and let each of us be happy and enjoy our lives...and that includes posting to "friends" without having to post the words YOU want us to use. GEEZ!
Eileen

Bookmark   December 16, 2012 at 1:28AM
suzieque

Jeez, chloecat. Nice way to talk to someone who doesn't post often. Her post had everything to do with Glenda's comment that these aren't for people with balance problems.

Bookmark   December 16, 2012 at 7:50AM
jannie

Have you seen the TV commercial where the woman buys a "Rug Hugger" cleaning suit? She looks like a giant bunny, lays down on the floor and wiggles and drags herself around to dust her floor. Makes me laugh every time I see it. It's a commercial for Pinesol, I think.

Bookmark   December 16, 2012 at 8:53AM
patti43

Chloecat, you need to get some Christmas spirit! Geez!!

Jannie, I have seen that ad. I bet I could make some snow angels (or dust angels) if I had one of those suits.

Bookmark   December 16, 2012 at 11:16AM
vannie

This is the funniest post I've read lately. Glenda said nothing DEFENSIVE. Good grief!! If you don't like her idea, okay, you don't like her idea. This is so funny to me. Glenda, come on over to the MH where you belong!!!!!

Bookmark   December 16, 2012 at 1:38PM
terilyn

I bought these a few years ago and forgot about them, thanks for the reminder Glenda! They are great for tile floors and dog hair!

Bookmark   December 17, 2012 at 11:45PM
eileen101

I so agree with Vannie....nothing wrong was said. Get a life, Folks, and if you don't like the way a post is worded, so be it. Who cares??? No one is attacking you so why do you care the way someone words a post??? Unreal...
Eileen

Bookmark   December 18, 2012 at 1:36AM
curlysue

Glenda, I don't post often, but I read everyday. Love your post. replies like the ones from chloecat can hurt peoples feelings. Haters gonna hate.

Bookmark   December 18, 2012 at 8:26AM
Cynic

Telling the truth isn't cruel, rude or "bashing" anyone. (A lot of people here just can't handle the truth.) Often the ones who accuse of it are guiltier than most of the "crimes" they charge! LOL

This post was edited by cynic on Thu, Dec 20, 12 at 15:49

Bookmark   December 19, 2012 at 12:48PM
More Discussions
About My Knee Injury
I fell on the ice last Monday, injured my left knee....
vicsgirl
Sandie's husband died yesterday. :(
I hate to tell you all this, but here's my email from...
Granlan TX
Amazing Aunt Audrey
Should I feel guilty?
For being at tkt all day at work? I get bored when...
lisaw2015
Let's get to know each other March 1, 2015
Its been a really long time since we did this and I...
JoAnn_Fla
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™