Another surgery

mary3444December 7, 2012

I had a MRI on my knee & just got the results from my Dr. I have a large meniscus tear, arthritis which I knew about, lots of fluid & a baker's cyst in the back. Just had a steroid shot in this knee in Sept. I know there is arthritis in almost every joint in my body but I did not think this knee was that bad. The pain has gotten very bad. Can't see the specialast till Dec 20th so I think surgery will not be till after the 1st, this will now make 3 surgeries in 4 months. Surgery is getting very old just like me.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
gadgets

Mary:

I'm sorry to hear that. I think surgeries are so hard on a person. I had my right knee replaced in June 2011. I recuperated much faster than they thought I would. Then I had the right knee done in Oct 2011. It has taken me a very long time to get over that one.

I wish you all the best with your overall health.

Shirley

Bookmark   December 7, 2012 at 7:44PM
lisa_fla

Darn it-that is not something you wanted to hear! Hope its pain-free and working great when all is said and done. I had a meniscus tear a couple of years ago, and it was a breeze to fix-don't know what size it was but I couldn't straighten my leg. My DR was one of the team DR's for the Orlando Magic I have a friend whose 16 y.o. GS just had a tear fixed and a cyst removed and he is on crutches and struggling. Just remember-you can't go on the way it is now-just take each day at a time. Don't you live on a farm? Is it better to get this done now-I would think its more of a quiet time there. We will all be rooting for you. Hope you have a laptop so you can be comfortable and hang out here at the KT!

Bookmark   December 7, 2012 at 8:49PM
kacram

I'm sorry to hear that, Mary. I hope it gets rid of the pain for you!

Bookmark   December 7, 2012 at 9:08PM
chisue

Sorry you have such pain! While surgery is never fun, at least you should be feeling much better after the recovery. Living with pain is debilitating and depressing.

Bookmark   December 8, 2012 at 10:19AM
More Discussions
What kind of tape to use?
We were Freecycled a Stir-Crazy popcorn popper. It...
Jasdip
Sandie's husband died yesterday. :(
I hate to tell you all this, but here's my email from...
Granlan TX
Robert Herjavec of Shark Tank, Divorcing
How sad. I genuinely really like this guy. He's kind...
Jasdip
Rant about dog rescue
So I look at the form for a German Shepherd rescue....
ronminsouthga
About My Knee Injury
I fell on the ice last Monday, injured my left knee....
vicsgirl
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™