What's for dinner Wednesday?

patti43December 12, 2012

I made a big pot of bean soup today. I'm getting ready to make Glenda's corn bread after I take the sheets out of the dryer and get them back on the bed. Got the Christmas gifts Fed Ex'd to the kids. That business of being sick a few days really put me behind!

What have you been doing today? And what's for dinner?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
glenda_al

Ah, yes! I enjoyed Irondale's cornbread last week, and thought of you!

Done with luncheons, so I was on my own.

Ms Myra's for smoked chicken salad, crackers and a pickle spear.

Then I shopped for myself and bought two much needed pr of shoes.

Bookmark   December 12, 2012 at 5:06PM
ravencajun Zone 8b TX

Homemade hamburgers and waffle fries

Bookmark   December 12, 2012 at 5:21PM
gadgets

When I was out running errands today, I went to McDs and used my coupon for BOGO free Big Mac. I had one of those and a bowl of my split pea soup tonight.

Shirley

Bookmark   December 12, 2012 at 5:42PM
YogaLady1948

My GF and I are going to an open house a gal that makes stained glass gives every year. We will be buying and having a drink and appys there, then out to dinner somewhere;) My DH will eat the leftovers from last night fattata dinner~~~lucky me;) I really hate to cook and am not good at it!

Bookmark   December 12, 2012 at 6:14PM
tami_ohio

I did steak on the grill and baked potatoes. DH nuked the last of his saurkraut balls.

Bookmark   December 12, 2012 at 6:18PM
patti43

Glenda, every time you mention your smoked chicken salad, it sounds so, so good. The cornbread is in the oven (in the iron skillet;0) right now. I didn't have any buttermilk so made my own with milk and lemon juice. We'll see how that works. New shoes are always a treat!

Raven, are you all over your bronchitis--or whatever you had? Sure hope so. Usually when I make hamburgers we end up eating them without the bun or on a slice of bread to soak up the juices. It's good that way!

Wow, Shirley, I've never seen a BOGO for MacDonald's. Nice with soup. My nephew likes Big Mac's so much he gave them up for Lent one year--haha!

YogaLady, wish we could all go with you. I just love stained glass. We knew a guy who bought a really old home and replaced some of the windows with stained glass he'd made. So beautiful. Enjoy your evening. P.S. Bet you're a better cook than you think you are!

Bookmark   December 12, 2012 at 6:30PM
jasdip

I made a Shepherd's pie to use up my leftover mashed potatoes.
We hadn't had it in a while, and we sure like it!

I posted the recipe I use on the Beef thread.

Bookmark   December 12, 2012 at 6:48PM
mawheel

I had no idea what to have for supper, having had Healthy Choice dinners, last night, and not taking something from the freezer in time for it to thaw. So, I used a 40 year old recipe called "Rookie Cookie Chicken Chow Mein"-taken from the comics section of our paper long, long ago.

It's really simple, cooked, chopped/shredded chicken, some sauteed celery and onion, can of mushroom soup, a little soy sauce Mix all together, put in a casserole, top with chow mein noodles, and bake in a 350 degree oven for 30 minutes. I usually cook a cup of rice and add to it before baking. It's really very tasty and easy to fix. DH was satisfied!

Bookmark   December 12, 2012 at 6:49PM
jude31

Fresh Market had Maryland crabcakes yesterday, BOGO so we had that and cream style corn from the freezer with broccoli, sauteed in EVOO with minced garlic and then added toasted slivered almonds and crushed red pepper plus a little lemon juice. A combo I will repeat when FM repeats their special.

Bookmark   December 12, 2012 at 7:43PM
gadgets

Now I'm jealous. I'd rather have had Jude's BOGO crabcakes.

Shirley

Bookmark   December 12, 2012 at 7:48PM
patti43

Tami, don't you think steaks on the grill taste a lot better in December than they do in July? Maybe it's just me, but there's something extra special cooking out in months you wouldn't think you could.

Jasdip, we like shepherd's pie, too. I'll have to go check your recipe out. Always room for improvement around here. Hope you have leftovers 'cause I'm coming over ;-)

Jude, another great BOGO! I just love Fresh Market and went occasionally when we lived in Gainesville. We don't have one here. The produce department is a thing of beauty! I just love looking around at everything!

Mwheel, that sounds yummy. I love those crunchy chow mein noodles

Bookmark   December 12, 2012 at 7:58PM
More Discussions
Tuesday's Trivia Quiz
Happy Cold Cuts Day! WATCHMELOL got the right answer...
Jasdip
Will it be a break, fracture or sprain?
Will find out at 11:10, Tuesday, if it is one of the...
glenda_al
What did you do, during the recent cold and snow?
I shoveled, I baked, I baked and I recovered chair...
OklaMoni
How to stop emails...
How do I stop lists of emails coming from houzz, was...
pekemom
Rant about dog rescue
So I look at the form for a German Shepherd rescue....
ronminsouthga
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™