twitter..what can you tell me about it?

missy_may_gwDecember 19, 2012

Not really interested in posting my business there..but would like to follow news stories...etc..

I went there and they want a user name like forums,but I have no idea what kind of user names people are using.Just make something up? like when you join a forum..anything old thing? LOL

Just kind of curious what goes on there. :)

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
missy_may_gw

also a little interested in pinterest..but I don't know much about it either. Do you have a user name there as well? Or do you use real name...thanks!

Bookmark   December 19, 2012 at 4:37PM
katlan

I don't know anything about Twitter. I like pinterest. But I will say, I created an account, username etc. then unsubscribed. I'm sure I just wasn't doing it right, but I couldn't get the whole page with all sorts of things on it to come up after I joined.

If you type in pinterest dot com, that's the page I wanted. As soon as I unsubscribed/closed my acct. I was able to get that page again.

Pathetic I know, haha. I like pinterest without being joined. You can search for anything.

Bookmark   December 19, 2012 at 6:43PM
ravencajun Zone 8b TX

I don't join any of it but I do browse pinterest.
Here click on the link and find all sorts of information on twitter.

Here is a link that might be useful: Twitter 101

Bookmark   December 19, 2012 at 6:59PM
missy_may_gw

Thanks!
No not pathetic at all katlan in fact I thought I was pathetic for asking here. I browse pinterest too, although not enough to really get the hang of it. I haven't spent a lot of time with it though. I probably best stay out of things I don't understand..look but not join. LOL

Bookmark   December 19, 2012 at 8:34PM
ShedTheChrysalis

I can't quite understand the twitter craze. Celebrities or whomever post what they're thinking or doing or what's going on for all of their followers to see. Maybe I'm just not interested in knowing how much Kim Kardashian spent on a pair of shoes along with a picture of her in the shoes. Maybe I just don't care to know what everyone I know is doing at every minute of the day. Maybe it's just me?? LOL

I have browsed Pinterest but never signed up. When we did our kitchen remodel, I browsed Houzz a lot. What are you looking for? Social entertainment or decorating ideas or???

Bookmark   December 19, 2012 at 10:33PM
missy_may_gw

I don't really want to follow the celebrities either..I am more curious about twitter than anything. I thought you could do follow ups on current events there.
Regarding pinterest, I thought it looked like a good place to share ideas, hobbies. I really don't know much about it though.

Bookmark   December 20, 2012 at 4:42AM
bigfoot_liz

I got on Twitter when it came out for the news aspect of it but REALLY stuck with it because of airlines customer service help on it. I fly mostly Southwest and you can get AWESOME service by using their twitter to get help in airports etc...I have friends who use it for that too and swear you can get better help and better upgrades on it. there are also lots of deals from companies just on twitter.

Pinterest is a wonderful addiction when I have time. I found that as soon as they opened and for about a yr used it alot. Since summer thou I have not had much time, of course that was after I kept bugging friends to get on LOL. again you can get deals on things, find cool craft ideas, find decorative things to buy etc... It is the equivalent of tearing out magazine pic's and articles, a hobby i used to have LOL ;-)) ~ liz

Bookmark   December 20, 2012 at 7:55AM
ShedTheChrysalis

Hmmm...deals you say? I just might have to give Twitter another look, Liz (not gonna call you Bigfoot LOL!)

Bookmark   December 20, 2012 at 11:43AM
ravencajun Zone 8b TX

I had joined twitter the very day it came online, several people I knew did also. Well with in 24 hours I had I kid you not hundreds of emails in my inbox from people wanting to follow me on twitter!! some I knew some I didn't, some I have no idea lol but it scared the bejeepers out of me and I went and closed it. I have seen there is someone else now using the ravencajun name, I am definitely not the only one LOL.

Bookmark   December 20, 2012 at 12:28PM
kittiemom

I love Pinterest. You can find a lot of good ideas, recipes, etc. on there. The only problem is that it can be a little addictive.

Twitter, on the other hand, I just haven't been able to get into. I've looked at it & even signed up for an account. I haven't used it though. DH is on Twitter & seems to like it. If you follow many people the amount of info (especially if they tweet often) becomes overwhelming.

Bookmark   December 20, 2012 at 8:38PM
More Discussions
I'll Show You Mine if You Show Me Yours Fri Mar 27
Cape Spear, most eastern point of land in North America....
caseynfld
DO NOT CALL ME
Here's the National Do-Not-Call Phone Number: 888 382...
vicsgirl
Airline pilots and antidepressants
As of five years ago, airline pilots are allowed to...
Alisande
CNN says "Co-Pilot reprogrammed autopilot to crash plane"
It is so unfortunate that we seem to be succeeding...
pickyshopper
Advice: Would this bother you?
I was involved in a car accident a few weeks ago. ...
pawprint1
Sponsored Products
Bear Birdhouse
$14.99 | zulily
Greyfield Small Hanging Spindle Birdfeeder
Fifthroom.com
Brown & Yellow Twitter Doormat
$24.99 | zulily
Twitter Junction Bird House
Signature Hardware
Twitter Calypso 17-inch Throw Pillows (Set of 2)
Overstock.com
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™