Honey Boo Boo makes Barbara Walters' list

GrammyMyrnaDecember 5, 2012

Breakout reality star one of 2012's 'Most Fascinating People'

Seriously?! This is the type of person we idolize now in the great USA?!

We've been on a mission to dumb down America in numerous ways as of late, but to actually include the likes of Honey Boo Boo on this list when there are SO many other TRULY fascinating people who contribute something of value to our society is ghastly!

Walters attributes "the relationship between Honey Boo Boo and her mother" as being the reason for her choice.

Filth-laden, crusty-necked June and her rude, ill-mannered Boo-kid's relationship certainly isn't the Gold standard nor the Godly standard that I would hold up as the admirable accomplishment that mothers and daughters should strive for!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Chemocurl zn5b/6a Indiana

Well according to Merriam-Webster's on line dictionary, fascinating means : extremely interesting or charming : captivating . Imho, seeing/watching HBB is kind of like seeing or watching a train wreck.

Seriously?! This is the type of person we idolize now in the great USA?!
These are just her 'pop culture' picks of 'interesting' people. According to Wikipedia, Barbara Walters' 10 Most Fascinating People is a televised compilation of ten public figures who are prominent names in the fields of entertainment, sports, politics and popular culture.

She also names the Most Fascinating Person of the Year. Remember now, this is Pop Culture. She named Jerry Spring (Gag me!) in 1996.

Tiger Woods was on the 2010 list after he fell from grace in 2009.

Many on the list make me want to gag, and I wouldn't cross the street to meet or see them.

2011-The Kardashian family (socialites & reality television stars)
2010-The cast of Jersey Shore (reality television stars)
2009-Glenn Beck (radio and television host)
2009-Lady Gaga (singer)
2008-Rush Limbaugh (radio talk show host)
2007-Don Imus (radio host and writer)

Enough? Imho, many are fascinating, in a very disgusting sort of way.

Just my 2 cents.

Sue

Here is a link that might be useful: Most Fascinating Person and Lists since 1993

Bookmark   December 5, 2012 at 6:31AM
juellie1962

GrammyMyrna - Couldn't agree more! It just befuddles me why people are "fascinated" with this type of "reality" show. Dumbing down of USA indeed!

Bookmark   December 5, 2012 at 6:38AM
kayjones

Here's another questionable move on the part of MTV:

MTV to replace 'Jersey Shore' with new show 'Buckwild'

Read more: http://www.movin1077fm.com/cc-common/news/sections/newsarticle.html?feed=104650&article=10611875#ixzz2EBMFv9UG

Here is a link that might be useful: Jersey Shore replaced with Buckwild

Bookmark   December 5, 2012 at 8:31AM
pammyfay

Right, chemocurl: It's how you define "fascinating," in this case "gawk-ability," to me. Like you can't help watch what will happen next. (Tho I don't watch this one.)

Bookmark   December 5, 2012 at 11:22AM
blfenton

If you didn't watch CNN Heroes on Sunday with Anderson Cooper, watch it if you get a chance. Those are people who are worth paying attention to and who are worth our admiration.

Honey Boo-Boo - not even in the same room (world)as these people.

Bookmark   December 5, 2012 at 11:48AM
adellabedella_usa

I'm not a Barbara walters fan. She'll do anything for ratings. I rarely agree with the picks for her list. I don't have anything against Honey Boo Boo, but wouldn't put her on a top 10 most fascinating list either.

Bookmark   December 5, 2012 at 11:54AM
cheri2008

JUST WRONG............

Bookmark   December 5, 2012 at 12:37PM
JoAnn_Fla

It's a sign of our times. You can see just where we are heading.

Bookmark   December 5, 2012 at 12:48PM
cathyid

I have lost a lot of respect for Barbara Walters. I used to turn in to the view a couple times a month and she just seems to be headed over the edge. She needs to retire.Whenever something is so celebrity driver as her "Most List" you know what to expect.

Bookmark   December 5, 2012 at 2:38PM
brightonborn

The term "dumbing down of America" comes to mind.

Bookmark   December 5, 2012 at 5:51PM
Toni S

Baba and bobo are in the same boat as far as I see them. One of them has more money tho.

Bookmark   December 5, 2012 at 6:03PM
dedtired

I only watched Honey Boo Boo one time to see what it was all about. Appalling, yes, but the kid actually seems very smart. I think she is rather precocious for her age. Too bad her brains are wasted on that ridiculous show. Someone once said the mother looks like a human thumb, and I can see the resemblance.

Bookmark   December 5, 2012 at 6:12PM
marilyn_c

Attention paid to Honey Boo Boo isn't any worse than the "gangstas" that are idolized by so many.

Bookmark   December 5, 2012 at 8:09PM
drewsmaga

Who cares about Honey Boo Boo (whom I've read about in the news) or Barbara Walters? Or Jersey Shores or Survivor or any of the "reality" programming? Or the Doctor Phil show or The View or any of the "talking heads?" Or Bill O'Reilly or Anderson Cooper or any of the stuff that "passes" for information or entertainment on the tv? My time is too precious to waste on schlock. Just my humble opinion.

Bookmark   December 6, 2012 at 12:40AM
More Discussions
Pay off my house or buy a new one?
I'm thinking about retirement. Thinking about having...
Kathsgrdn
From being excited to being really sad
I was so excited that my refrigerator repairman was...
Georgysmom
Alisande
Did anyone watch Survivor? (possible spoilers)
I won't post any spoilers, but someone else might....
sushipup1
SNOW
Snowing hard, and every little twig is covered, can't...
susanwv
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™