Gift that says "relax"

juellie1962November 27, 2012

I was planning on giving a friend a garden stake that is metal, has a glass bulb on it and a little metal sign welded on that says "relax". Well, of course they are no longer available at the store I saw them just a few weeks ago.

I don't want to give her a spa basket, gift card for massage or anything like that. Does anyone know of any signs (hopefully yard art) or anything that says "relax" (this is what she needs to do badly!).

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Cassandra

Try googling "relax" for any images. I googled "Breathe"--something that slows me down all the time--and found lots of sign possibilities in images. Like this one from etsy: http://www.etsy.com/listing/62776361/just-breathe-sign

Bookmark   November 27, 2012 at 6:06PM
Cassandra

I googled "relax sign" and found a number of possibilities: for example, http://www.aw-nauticalgifts.com/beach-signs/661-wood-and-tin-relax-nautical-beach-sign.html. But what about making one yourself? It seems a homemade sign would be a great gift. . .and easy to do. The google images have lots of ideas.

Bookmark   November 27, 2012 at 6:10PM
juellie1962

Thanks Marita! We did consider making one; my dh is even a welder! But I have to present this gift this weekend and I procrastinated. :( No time to fabricate.
Thanks for the links!

Bookmark   November 27, 2012 at 8:48PM
marie_ndcal

How about a dry or artifical flower arrangment with some sort of scene with animals, (if she like them). Do you have a flower shop? Nursery? Hobby Lobby? also look in your newspaper for local small gift type shops. We have the Pride of Dakota products and they have some great soups, pancake mixes, cookies, candles etc all made in ND. Do you have anything like that where you live?

Bookmark   November 27, 2012 at 10:30PM
juellie1962

Thanks for the suggestions Marie. I found an etsy shop that has a metal "Relax" on a garden stake. Frustrating to buy because my dh is a welder....but at least I'm supporting small business'. Now, I just pray it makes it here by the time I need it!

Bookmark   November 28, 2012 at 6:57AM
More Discussions
Did everyone send out their swap gifts?
Just checking, only a few days left.
JoAnn_Fla
Chuck roasts
I can remember when they were 50 cents a pound :(
lucillle
DO NOT CALL ME
Here's the National Do-Not-Call Phone Number: 888 382...
vicsgirl
Happy swap from Jacqueline
My swap from Jacqueline....such a happy package, with...
phyllis__mn
Sponsored Products
Contemporary Indoor/Outdoor Area Rug: Kas Rugs Rugs High Rise View Black 3 ft.
Home Depot
"Damien" Mini Fox Figurine - NATURAL
$195.00 | Horchow
Gemini Hazel Bronze Two-Light Wall Sconce with Khaki Fabric Shade
$109.99 | Bellacor
Jut Bar Outdoor Dining Table, Patio Furniture
FRONTGATE
Hughes Leather Single Arm Chaise - Brighton Volcano Brown
Joybird Furniture
Leigh Country Aspen Single Dining Chair with Pine Tree Cutout - TX 94205
$129.99 | Hayneedle
People viewed this after searching for: