Computer Calendar suggestions.

ivamaeNovember 19, 2012

I presently have CreataCard gold. It gives me a calendar that shows birthdays, appointments, holidays, etc and I can set it to notify me quite a few days in advance if I wish. It also has a place to record postal addresses and email addresses. Under the addresses it lists the name of each family member and their birthdays, annivesaries etc. I run XP and it will work with it but is not satisfactory on Windows 7 or 8. There does not appear to be a newer version. Do you know of any that I can buy that would give me this same coverage. I really do want to update but with something that is equal in performance.

thanks

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
ravencajun Zone 8b TX

Why not just use the one built in your email client? They all do the same tasks you mentioned. I have one set up in my Gmail and in my hotmail. It can be set up to send you reminders at what ever interval you set.
There's also a lot of free programs that do the same thing no need to buy.

Bookmark   November 19, 2012 at 6:37PM
Cynic

I don't like programs that are dependant upon email or text for reminders. I like a popup reminder and like to see a schedule at times. I use different programs but don't have one that keeps email and postal addresses although AM Notebook Lite is a free program that has a calendar and Contacts list in it. I use it for the notes program. The "lite" version is free and that's what I use. You might check that out. The "pro" version lets you get alerts ahead of time but you might want to try out the free version first to see if it would meet your needs.

Otherwise, you might try using the Windows Compatibility Wizard to see if it'll work under Windows 7.

Otherwise it's time to search for a new program. As ravencajun said, there's a lot of free programs out there which is good and bad. Good, that there's a lot of options and free, but bad that there are so many it's a lot of effort to find something that you like. What you're looking for is a "Personal Information Manager" or PIM. I've tried a bunch of programs but never found a single program that did everything to my satisfaction. I wound up using multiple programs to meet my needs and for me, that's fine.

Bookmark   November 21, 2012 at 7:09AM
OklaMoni

Mine pops up as soon as the computer is on. I don't actually have to be online.

But it doesn't store addresses. It can be set up to remind you of your schedule daily, weekly, monthly or yearly.

It is free.

I have had it since 2005, and am very happy with it. I have it on my second computer now.

it's called elmusoft. I have the English version, even so I saw it first in German. I wanted my girls to be able to access it too. :)

Moni

Here is a link that might be useful: Moni's calendar

Bookmark   November 21, 2012 at 8:54AM
joan_mn

Hallmark has a program similar to Creatacard. I also went through this when I went to Windows 7, there is no creatacard program that is compatible with 64 bit, apparently.

Bookmark   November 21, 2012 at 9:12AM
More Discussions
calm before the storm
We have another severe storm coming later. Rain, flooding,...
Amazing Aunt Audrey
What's for Dinner ... Tuesday?
It was all nice and sunny here in my part of Ohio till...
gadgets
Wednesday's Trivia Quiz
A can of Spam is opened every 4 seconds! LOL 6% of...
Jasdip
Some comedy for "Call the Midwife" fans (and others!)
Call the Midwife Comic Relief Sketch
Alisande
New (in U.S.) Persil laundry detergent
It looks like this brand from Europe was recently introduced...
pammyfay
Sponsored Products
Hampton Bay Lamps 13-7/8 in. Satin Chrome Clamp Lamp HBP1001C-109
$15.97 | Home Depot
Flash Furniture Gray Fabric Executive Office Chair
$162.50 | LuxeDecor
Flash Furniture Contemporary Black Bonded Leather Executive Office Chair
$188.86 | LuxeDecor
Providence Pearl Rectangular: 5 Ft. x 7 Ft. 6 In. Rug
$249.00 | Bellacor
Jesper 200 Height Adjustable Computer Table In White
Beyond Stores