What's for dinner Monday?

patti43November 5, 2012

I just woke up from a long nap--or rather Harry woke me up. I sure wish I could sleep that good at night. I feel great!

Tonight we're having cubed steak with bread and gravy and lima beams. The bread and gravy is a throw-back from my childhood and now Harry likes it, too.

What are you having for dinner at your house?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
glenda_al

Graveside service for friend at 1:00, and I was pushed to meet friends that were riding with me.

Gobbled down a ham on wheat sandwich and after the funeral peanut butter crackers.

Veggies tomorrow for sure.

Bookmark   November 5, 2012 at 5:11PM
ravencajun Zone 8b TX

The left over chicken and sausage gumbo.

Bookmark   November 5, 2012 at 5:18PM
gadgets

Today was my big grocery shopping day. Way too tired to actually cook or clean up after that. So I had a chicken pot pie. I get them at Aldi's and they're made with all white meat, big chunks, and the pie is about 50% larger than the regular ones.

Shirley

Bookmark   November 5, 2012 at 5:50PM
patti43

Glenda, it was a hard day for you. So sorry! BTW, I love those peanut butter crackers with a cold coke. Naughty, but nice.

Raven, I think it would be even better tonight, at least I always seem to like things better the second day. Maybe because I just had to warm :-)

Shirley, why is it grocery shopping is so tiring? Maybe it's the crowds (at least at our Publix) or maybe because of the bill at the checkout!! We should try Aldi's. It just isn't as convenient as our other stores. Harry and I could probably share one that big. Enjoy!

Bookmark   November 5, 2012 at 6:11PM
Kathsgrdn

Well, I have tons of leftover curry but Lauren went to the dentist this afternoon and had no cavities, so I offered her a treat. She picked Mexican food! So, we split a shrimp fajita meal. There was so much leftover that we had to bring about half of it home.

Bookmark   November 5, 2012 at 6:23PM
cheryl_ok

Tacos

Bookmark   November 5, 2012 at 6:41PM
patti43

Kathleen, good for Lauren! Just what a mom loves to hear. Now you have plenty of leftovers for tomorrow and you won't have to cook. Good news all around.

Cheryl, I could eat tacos every night. I just love those messy things ;0

Bookmark   November 5, 2012 at 8:13PM
More Discussions
How do I stop email notifications?
Can't figure it out, but it's annoying. I don't need...
sleeperblues
caseynfld
Heart failure!
Hi I'm just home from the Hospital with a congested...
francy13
Why would a celll phone addict invite someone on an outing and then --
-- not tear themself away from their cell phone?
eclair
Mobil Homes.........
Mobile homes What are your thoughts on them? I've seen...
clubm
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™