What's for dinner Tuesday?

patti43November 13, 2012

Leftover soup at our house.

What are you having for dinner at your house?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
glenda_al

Potluck at church, today.

My wild rice and sausage casserole was so good, I had none to bring home.
Someone brought a delicious spinach salad with almonds and english peas.
Deviled eggs
I had a fried chicken leg
and for dessert I had homemade peach cobbler with blue bell ice cream.

That's what I had, and there was more.

I'm done on potlucks for a month now.

Fixing to put in oven two loaves of pumpkin bread that is my treat for friend what I've been taking yearly for 25 years.

Bookmark   November 13, 2012 at 5:14PM
Georgysmom

I'm having the left over rouladen.....DH either a hamburger or pizza.

Bookmark   November 13, 2012 at 5:45PM
marilyn_sue

Cheryl brought me out a late lunch from DQ. They have half price meals and drinks on Tuesdays from 11 to 2 I think. We each had a pork barbecue sandwich and a shake. Mine was vanilla. Worked hard around here cleaning trying to get ready for Thanksgiving. They delivered the new refrigerator shortly after we ate and they were here a long time. Had to take doors off both refrigerators, to get one out and one in plus take the door to the garage off to get in and out. So now it is wait several hours to see how it is doing. I heard one load of ice being dumped so I guess that one part must be working. Nothing in it yet. I think soon I will just go to bed and no supper.

Sue

Bookmark   November 13, 2012 at 5:46PM
azzalea

Keeping things light for DH--we had orange chicken and couscous tonight.

Bookmark   November 13, 2012 at 5:49PM
patti43

Lucky you, Glenda. Your potluck sounds like a winner. I will have to try your recipe soon. Bet your house smells deliciously of pumpkin bread.

Georgysmom, a wise man once said, "Leftovers are great." Well, not really, but they are!!

Sue, I can't wait to hear all about your new frig. I'd just love to have one. I love a bottom freezer! Love DQ but sure can understand why you aren't hungry. Their food is really filling.

Azzalea, hope your DH is feeling better. Harry had a problem twice with his navel hernia surgery. They put sticthes on the inside and they kept working their way out.

Bookmark   November 13, 2012 at 6:35PM
ravencajun Zone 8b TX

I managed to eat a couple soft boiled eggs for lunch but no idea what I can do for dinner. Last night we had cheese toast. Nothing even sounds appealing. I might try some deviled ham on crackers or toast.

Bookmark   November 13, 2012 at 6:46PM
gadgets

It was Amish dinner time today. Menu: : Succulent, tender turkey, potato salad, dressing, mashed potatoes, gravy, steamed squash, creamed peas, homemade bread and rolls and homemade strawberry jam. Tea or coffee. Date nut pudding, lemon pie, pumpkin pie.

Needless to say, I feel roly/poly right now.

Shirley

Bookmark   November 13, 2012 at 7:24PM
tami_ohio

Orange chicken from Costco in a box from the freezer section and white rice. Dessert was pumpkin roll and pumpkin cookies.

Azzalea, do you have a recipe for your orange chicken? DH liked the sauce that came with ours, and said I needed to find a recipe for it.

Tami

Bookmark   November 13, 2012 at 7:34PM
patti43

Aw, Raven, I was hoping you felt better today. Get lots of rest and, hopefully, you'll feel a lot better tomorrow.

Shirley, did you have any date nut pudding? Man, I love that stuff, but it's really sweet. Your whole meal sounds wonderful.

Tami, that sounds so good! If you Google, there are tons of orange chicken recipes, but if Azzalea has a tried and true, that's even better!

Bookmark   November 13, 2012 at 7:59PM
jude31

Sour cream chicken enchiladas and pinto beans for us. Very good and enough left over for another meal. I halved the recipe for the enchiladas...made 5.

jude

Bookmark   November 13, 2012 at 8:15PM
schoolhouse_gw

After getting through the food poisoning, I'm taking it easy today with chicken noodle soup and gingerale. Feel fine this evening, but don't want to push it.

Bookmark   November 13, 2012 at 8:50PM
tami_ohio

SH, I feel for you. The last time I had food poisoning, I lived on graham crackers for a week straight. Sure messed up a two week vacation. Hope you feel better soon.

Bookmark   November 13, 2012 at 8:52PM
gadgets

Patti: I forgot what the date nut pudding was when they gave me my choice so got the lemon pie instead. When my favorite young Amish girl came back around, she asked if I wanted more dessert. When I told her I had no more room to put it, she got a small container and sent a piece home with me. I'll have it tomorrow. I remember from the one time I had it about a year ago that it is very, very rich.

Shirley

I hope both Raven and Schoolhouse feel much, much better and very soon.

Bookmark   November 13, 2012 at 8:55PM
ravencajun Zone 8b TX

Thanks y'all I appreciate that. I am am praying for the same!

Bookmark   November 14, 2012 at 12:23AM
angelaid

Pork steaks, funeral potatoes and green beans! Good!

Bookmark   November 14, 2012 at 1:23AM
angelaid

Pork steaks, funeral potatoes and green beans! Good!

Bookmark   November 14, 2012 at 1:27AM
Hellion

We stopped at the Chinese restaurant after running some errands and chose Chicken Chop suey with white rice and an eggroll to share. We kept it warm at home while taking a ride around the neighborhood on the golf cart with a happy hour drink.

Bookmark   November 14, 2012 at 2:42AM
More Discussions
Dinner at 8 (#3)
Your celebrity guest is Pauline Phillips aka Abigail...
Amazing Aunt Audrey
A thank you and my latest email from Sandie
I did my best to send Sandie a copy of all your sweet...
Granlan TX
Which do you handle better, excessive heat or cold?
If you had to choose to either be uncomfortably hot...
pickyshopper
If you run a dishwasher or dryer while you sleep.....
If you run a dishwasher or dryer while you sleep OR...
alisande
Let's get to know each other March 1, 2015
Its been a really long time since we did this and I...
JoAnn_Fla
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™