What's for dinner Friday?

patti43November 16, 2012

Good grief, it's Friday already. Yikes, I'd better get my rear in gear tomorrow or Thanksgiving will be a frozen turkey!

We're having a tuna casserole tonight with garlic toast. Not exciting, but it didn't take any time to put together and we like it.

What are you having tonight?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
marilyn_sue

Chicken and noodles, mashed potatoes, yeast rolls, Swedish apple pie and red raspberry jello. I made the jello for Alyssa as Amber is coming over to pick up the supper I fixed for them too. Will add a vegetable of some kind.

Sue

Bookmark   November 16, 2012 at 5:08PM
Georgysmom

I just put a meat loaf in the oven along with twice baked potatoes and some mixed veggies. I Love, love, love meat loaf so I'm looking forward to it.

Bookmark   November 16, 2012 at 5:08PM
minnie_tx

I have two of those wrapped sweet potatoes you put in the microwave think I'll have them and scrounge around for something else to go with them

Bookmark   November 16, 2012 at 5:24PM
glenda_al

Belch: Chinese buffet, and if you get there at 1:00, which I did, they stop replenishing the buffet, so I didn't get my usual cucumber salad, no teriyaki chicken, I left hungry cause I ate very little.

Shoulda left when I saw the limited foods on the buffet.

Bookmark   November 16, 2012 at 5:27PM
ont_gal

Swiss steak

Bookmark   November 16, 2012 at 5:52PM
jannie

i don't know yet. I found something frozen in my freezer and thought it was meatloaf (not). It's partly thawed, appears to be macaroni and beans? Not sure, but I'll thaw it fully and take a taste before I serve it.

Bookmark   November 16, 2012 at 6:02PM
Nita__AZ

I have two of those thick Costco pork chops split in half in a baking dish. I made some stove top stuffing and put it on top. Covered in foil and bake for an hour. It sure smells good in here. I think we are going to have Brussel sprouts and applesauce to go with them.

Bookmark   November 16, 2012 at 6:21PM
patti43

Georgysmom, I love meatloaf, too. Mainly because I really love meatloaf sandwiches the next day. I'd love to have a whiff of your kitchen!

Sue, you're such a good mom. I know you'lkl all enjoy the chicken and noodles.

Minnie, I've seen those potatoes in the store, but haven't tried them. Just about anything goes with sweet potatoes, so enjoy!

Glenda, that happened to us once--looked like a lot left but what there was, was dried out and not very tasty. Some things were okay, so we got our fill.

Dang, ont gal, someone posted the other day about Swiss steak and I've been hungry for it since. Lucky you!

LOL, Jannie, the mystery meal--we've had our share of those when I've forgotten to mark what was in the container. Hope it's something you really liked.

Bookmark   November 16, 2012 at 6:23PM
patti43

Nita, that sounds wonderful. I love Stove Top and saute celery and onions and add to it with some extra chicken broth. Spread it over the top of pork chops, bake and, believe me, you can't tell it's any different than homemade using Pepperidge Farm bread stuff.

Bookmark   November 16, 2012 at 6:56PM
ravencajun Zone 8b TX

Patti we are sharing a brain again!
I found cans of tuna in the pantry so I put together a tuna salad, so sandwiches tonight. I am worn out just from fixing the tuna.
But I sampled it and it actually taste good so maybe my taste buds are returning.

Bookmark   November 16, 2012 at 6:56PM
littlebit_gw

Tried a new recipe..Spicy four cheese pasta...it was a WINNER!!!

Bookmark   November 16, 2012 at 7:13PM
patti43

Raven, I'd be honored to share a brain with you--I hope your half is working better than my whole one, though! Sure hope you truly are getting over whatever you had. 'Nuff's enough!

Littlebit, don't you love it when that happens? Sure sounds good!

Bookmark   November 16, 2012 at 7:49PM
jannie

My frozen mystery dinner turned out okay, yes it was macaroni and black beans and tomatoes in a tomato sauce. Tasty, DH and I ate big bowls and our dog Molly even got some.

Bookmark   November 17, 2012 at 1:07PM
patti43

Jannie, after cleaning out the frig the other day, I think I either need a dog or another child :-) (Neither of which will happen in this life time.)

Bookmark   November 17, 2012 at 2:11PM
More Discussions
Women On 20s
Have you heard of this? There is a movement to replace...
bee0hio
Snakes!
It is that time here. There are snakes everywhere....
ravencajun Zone 8b TX
So nice to treat myself, today! :o)
This winter, I was more down in spirits than up, more...
glenda_al
Let's get to know each other March 1, 2015
Its been a really long time since we did this and I...
JoAnn_Fla
Welcome to all the Newbies
Went back and read the "Get to know each other"...
Amazing Aunt Audrey
Sponsored Products
Kichler Tournai 9565LD Outdoor Post Lantern - 17 in. - Londonderry - 9565LD
Hayneedle
5' Red Cedar American Sweetheart Glider
Fifthroom.com
Hampton Forge Signature Brooke 45-piece Stainless Steel Flatware Set
Overstock.com
SFERRA Festival Set of Four Dinner Napkins
$50.00 | FRONTGATE
Pre-owned Vintage African Indigo Mud Cloth Fabric I
$260.00 | Chairish