Thanksgiving forecast

minnie_txNovember 19, 2012

In the pre-Thanksgiving rush, we have received an early weather report from our in-house weather reporters.

Turkeys will thaw in the morning, then warm in the oven to an afternoon high near 190F. The kitchen will turn hot and humid, and if you bother the cook, be ready for a severe squall or cold shoulder.

During the late afternoon and evening, the cold front of a knife will slice through the turkey, causing an accumulation of one to two inches on plates. Mashed potatoes will drift across one side while cranberry sauce creates slippery spots on the other. Please pass the gravy.

A weight watch and indigestion warning have been issued for the entire area, with increased stuffiness around the beltway. During the evening, the turkey will diminish and taper off to leftovers, dropping to a low of 34F in the refrigerator.

Looking ahead to Friday and Saturday, high pressure to eat sandwiches will be established. Flurries of leftovers can be expected both days with a 50 percent chance of scattered soup late in the day. We expect a warming trend where soup develops. By early next week, eating pressure will be low as the only wish left will be the bone.

Happy Thanksgiving Everyone

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Fun2BHere

Very clever!

Bookmark   November 19, 2012 at 3:32PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
jemdandy

I'm sending this one to my family.

Bookmark   November 20, 2012 at 12:13AM
More Discussions
Site of the Day Feb 27
Hyper Real - what you are looking at are NOT photographs!...
caseynfld
Survivor Reminder - Season 30!
Yes, the "junk food of television" starts...
countrycottageklutz
Wasting an Airline's Time -- My Rant
My annual complaint: I guess I have taken up at least...
chisue
Done With Stupid Tax
I posted a couple of times about paying "Stupid...
vicsgirl
One thing about Shark Tank
One thing about Shark Tank that really irritates me....
Chickey Wingz
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™