Facebook Photos Sharing Question!

country_bumpkin_alNovember 14, 2012

Is there a setting to stop someone from "Sharing" my personal photos? Friend from years ago, just "shared" a photo of my husband on HER personal Facebook! I just recently re-connected with her and she found out he died in 2008! (They grew up in the same community). It kind threw me to see she'd share his photo! :(

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
marygailv

It's too bad it is bothering you so. I think she just wanted to let his friends from his youth know of his passing and see him as he looked in his grownup years. She wouldn't even needed to use your picture from Facebook if his picture was in the obituary notice, which often can be found through the internet. I have put in my picture file such pictures of friends who have died whose pictures I didn't have.

I don't know enough technical stuff with Facebook to answer your question other than to unfriend her.

Bookmark   November 14, 2012 at 4:04PM
justlinda

Not only a Facebook problem, but an internet problem. Facebook only exacerbates the problem. She shows one picture to 3 people, each of those 3 show it to 3 more. You get the picture. Sometimes it's not even a picture you have posted, but one they "found".

Welcome to the real world!

Bookmark   November 14, 2012 at 4:41PM
joan_mn

Do you have her tagged in it, Brenda? If so, untag her. Worth a try.

Bookmark   November 14, 2012 at 5:06PM
country_bumpkin_al

No...she's not tagged! And none of here Facebook friends are/were friends of HIS! There is no mention of who he is on HER Facebook!

Bookmark   November 14, 2012 at 5:41PM
ont_gal

PRIVACY SETTINGS

Bookmark   November 14, 2012 at 6:11PM
dedtired

There's no way to keep people from sharing your photos unless you mark them as private, so no one can see them but you. "Only Me".

I wish there was a way to prevent people from "borrowing" your photos. I am careful not to share anything I don't want spread around. It's too bad because we might show more pictures to our friends if we had control over how they are used.

I still think it is rude to share a picture without asking.

Bookmark   November 14, 2012 at 7:10PM
Toni S

I really thought there was a way. You may have to customize your privacy settings. OR just tell her you are feeling uncomfortable and would she remove his picture.

Bookmark   November 14, 2012 at 7:35PM
justlinda

You can politely ask her to remove his pic, but it's almost like shutting the barn door after the cows have escaped. It's 'out there now' for the whole world to see, copy, download...yada, yada, yada.

That being said, Facebook is only doing what they have told everybody they would - that is, be a social media site!

Bookmark   November 14, 2012 at 10:17PM
vicki_lv_nv

You can temporarily delete the photo and it will no longer show anywhere its shared.

Bookmark   November 15, 2012 at 12:54AM
joann23456

It wouldn't help in this case, but you can change your privacy settings so that no one can tag your photo without your consent.

Bookmark   November 15, 2012 at 9:19AM
iowagirl2006

They can still "share" photo's even if tagging is disabled.

You can edit the privacy on your albums - I believe you can even edit it to make it so just her (or whoever you choose) cannot view your photos.

Bookmark   November 15, 2012 at 10:55AM
joann23456

Yes, you can edit your privacy setting so certain individuals can't see things on your wall or in photos b

Bookmark   November 15, 2012 at 11:19AM
nodakgal

DD recently got a boxer pup. She is FB friends with the people she got her from.I snapped a pic of someone with the boxer pup. Put on DD's wall (and mine) The next day I went to FB and had a request these people would like to tag the pic that had the puppy in it. They saw it from her wall. I had to give permission before they could tag it. Now dont ask me how I have it set up, cause heck if I know anymore, but I know it can be done.

Bookmark   November 15, 2012 at 4:08PM
More Discussions
Fiesta dinnerware: Any other fans?
Armed with a couple of nice gift cards, I went on a...
alisande
New (in U.S.) Persil laundry detergent
It looks like this brand from Europe was recently introduced...
pammyfay
RX Relief Discount Card...scam or a real thing?
My husband received a RX Relief Discount card from...
carabubble
Women On 20s
Have you heard of this? There is a movement to replace...
bee0hio
First one arrived safe and sound
First calf of the season arrived today. Mom and baby...
prairie_rose
Sponsored Products
Philips 49" LED Smart TV
$579.00 | FRONTGATE
'On Facebook' Box Sign
$6.49 | zulily
White Desk Lamps: 12.83 in. White USB LED Speaker Desk Lamp with Microphone LS30
$49.99 | Home Depot
Philips 58" LED Smart TV
$899.00 | FRONTGATE
Philips 55" LED Smart TV
$779.00 | FRONTGATE
65" Samsung LED Curved Screen TV
FRONTGATE
78" Samsung LED Curved Screen TV
FRONTGATE
Floral Blossom Chaise Lounge Chair - 5559-83
$599.99 | Hayneedle
People viewed this after searching for: