A Blessed and easy Thanksgiving

ruthieg__txNovember 23, 2012

My Granddaughter Laura took this picture with her phone...I don't know if that is why the ham looks so black or what but it wasn't black by any means....anyway...the reason I posted this picture is because I wanted to point out that I bought loaf pans to hold all the casseroles and veggie dishes. Many of the other pans that we used were lined with foil. We never use paper plates at family gatherings either mostly because I don't like to eat off of them and always fear mishaps...but anyway, this year I decided that with at least 10 people arriving, I would take the easy route and we used paper plates...by the time everyone ate, we scooped up leftover for everyone to take home, and ever one quit munching, there was only silverware and water and wine glasses to wash because we just tossed all the pans...They were cheap, something like 2 for 1.75.......It was amazing how fast we were out of the kitchen....I think I will always go the foil pan route...I don't know the size but I'm guessing about 5 x 10...bigger that the regular loaf pans...I took pictures but haven't downloaded them yet so I will just use this instagram... The pans and foil was a great idea and I am sure we will continue doing it from now on. It doesn't make for a beautiful buffet but it sure does make cleanup wonderfully easy...

All of the Guida kids and all but two of the Guida Grandchildren were at our table...A blessing in itself with all the jobs and school activities like football etc. Our Grands are all grown and in college or working so it is very difficult for all of us to be together...

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
patti43

Ruthie, you are a smart lady! Your Thanksgiving sounds like a very enjoyable day for all. Glad you had all the kids and feel bad for the two grands that couldn't make it.

Bookmark   November 23, 2012 at 1:41PM
kacram

Nice! but where is the picture? lol

Bookmark   November 24, 2012 at 11:39AM
sjerin

I hope you meant that you tossed them in the recycling.....:)

Bookmark   November 24, 2012 at 3:27PM
More Discussions
Amazing Aunt Audrey
Site of the Day Mar 31
Science Daily - news, videos and articles in science,...
caseynfld
Amazing Aunt Audrey
Acorn TV
I have signed up for Acorn TV -- it streams English...
cacocobird
Have You Found Any Bargains Lately?
Have you found any bargains lately? I needed a gallon...
marilyn_sue
Sponsored Products
'Count Your Blessings' Tealight Holder
$7.99 | zulily
'Bless This Home' Personalized Doormat
$17.99 | zulily
'Bless Your Heart' Frame
$13.99 | zulily
Bless This Home Wall Plaque - 5015
$39.99 | Hayneedle
'God Bless This Home' Tabletop Plaque
$5.99 | zulily