Have any of you gals taken Evista for osteoporosis?

pump_toadNovember 16, 2012

Recently I had a bone scan and evidently I am showing bone loss since the last one. I tried taking Fosamax in the past and it did not agree with me so am wondering about Evista. I got a prescription for it but haven't had it filled yet. Am wondering if anyone here is taking it and if so what are the side effects.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
evatx

I've been taking Evista for at least 10 years and have had no side effects. So far my bone density tests have shown improvement.

Bookmark   November 16, 2012 at 10:52AM
glenda_al

I was on Fosamax for 5 years and now on Evista. No side effects from either. Last bone density scan I had in June showed my osteo has reversed to osteopenia. Something is working.

Bookmark   November 16, 2012 at 11:48AM
terilyn

I have been on it for years, first for breast cancer prevention, then, the bone density, have never had a problem.

Bookmark   November 16, 2012 at 12:45PM
vannie

I did it like terilyn--first for breast cancer, and then for bone density. I never had any side effects. The side effects probably aren't as bad as having osteoporosis. Just look at some bent over people--I go to church with one and it makes me sad just to look at her.

Bookmark   November 16, 2012 at 1:08PM
jackie_ok

I have also been taking it for many years without any side effects, except hot flashes and I don't know if that really has anything to do with it. On my last bone density scan, I showed improvement.

Bookmark   November 16, 2012 at 3:08PM
pump_toad

Thanks so much for the replies. I know I am shrinking in height so I guess I don't have a choice and am glad to know that there may not be side effects. At least that was true for you ladies. Lois

Bookmark   November 16, 2012 at 9:50PM
Tally

Yep - I refused to take bisphosphonates three years ago, and my OBGYN agreed. Have been on Evista (bonus: breast cancer prevention) since then.

Bone scan is good and doc agrees more info now suggests bisphosphonates are not good.

Bookmark   November 17, 2012 at 1:08AM
jenson13

I have taken it for about 10 years also. No side effects, only to my wallet. It costs me $120 for a 3 month supply.

Bookmark   November 17, 2012 at 8:17AM
More Discussions
Snakes!
It is that time here. There are snakes everywhere....
ravencajun Zone 8b TX
Whose fault is it if a dog attacks?
My neighbor has no gate on his now....fenced in yard(it...
nicole___
Some comedy for "Call the Midwife" fans (and others!)
Call the Midwife Comic Relief Sketch
Alisande
My Mother
We just had last rites performed for my mother. Hospice...
ravencajun Zone 8b TX
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™