Bake & Serve Bread Baskets

juellie1962November 16, 2012

So, I was paging through magazines & catalogs that have piled up. In one of them, and I cannot for the life of me think of which one, I saw these cute little bread baskets that you baked quick breads in and then wrap the basket & all in a cello bag to give as gifts.

I know I tore the page out, but have no clue where I put the page. Has anyone seen such a thing?? I love giving little breads for gifts and these were cute.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
tami_ohio

Juellie, I haven't seen the magazine you are talking about. However, I don't think I would bake bread in a basket. I would bake it in something the same size if I wanted it to fit a specific size item, but not IN a basket. I weave baskets, and I know the chemicals they process the reed with are something I would not want food in contact with. I always line a basket with a paper towel or cloth, or even plastic wrap before putting food in them.

Hope you find the article, tho. I would be interested in seeing it.

Tami

Bookmark   November 16, 2012 at 11:52AM
satine_gw

I have recently seen "baking pans" which are some sort of paper with a basketweave design aound the outside. They were in different sizes and made to bake and give. I am almost positive this was at Marshall's. Hope this helps. Satine

Bookmark   November 16, 2012 at 12:33PM
minnie_tx

I sure hope you find that article I was thinkin we bake in paper all the time like cupcake liners did a goodle and found thse do the colired ones look like what you might have seen??
hope so nice idea especially if you are "known" for your baking

Here is a link that might be useful: Paper Baking Products : Cake Pans : Sur La Table

Bookmark   November 16, 2012 at 1:11PM
minnie_tx

sorry forgot to post my spelling corrections

Bookmark   November 16, 2012 at 1:15PM
cynic

Did you find what you were looking for? My only concern would be the bread getting stale if it weren't wrapped tightly. I think I'd wrap the loaf and put in a basket. Could add other goodies with it and wrap the whole thing up.

Bookmark   November 19, 2012 at 1:11AM
woodsy_1 Zone 5b Illinois

The ones I linked are cute, even though they're not baskets. I searched "disposable bread pans", got quite a few hits.

Here is a link that might be useful: Pans

Bookmark   November 19, 2012 at 9:23AM
juellie1962

Thank you everyone for the help! None of them are exactly it, and I didn't find the page I ripped out, but woodsy1, the link to Amazon you provided is the closest. The regular sized ones are out of stock, but the small loaf ones are in stock and perfect for gift giving. Thank you again everyone, hope I can return the favor someday.

Bookmark   November 19, 2012 at 3:01PM
kayjones

I did a google.com search for 'small, disposable bread baskets', then clicked on 'images' - found tons of possibilities:

https://www.google.com/search?q=small,+disposable+bread+baskets&rlz=1C1PRFB_enUS497US497&sugexp=chrome,mod%3D14&um=1&ie=UTF-8&hl=en&tbm=isch&source=og&sa=N&tab=wi&ei=x5CqUI2gJJOm9gSKnYCgCw&biw=930&bih=593&sei=-pCqUKbuFork9ATbqYGIDQ

Here is a link that might be useful: Images of disposable bread baskets

Bookmark   November 19, 2012 at 3:06PM
chi83

Could it be King Arthur Flour?

Here is a link that might be useful: Bake and Give

Bookmark   November 19, 2012 at 3:17PM
More Discussions
Anyone get their Houzz gift?
I just received mine today, very cool!
chi83
Chi83's wedding
Chi83 -- I was remiss in not wishing you and your hubby...
Lindsey_CA
Site of the Day Mar 2
Vizual Statitistix - data on different topics presented...
caseynfld
What did you do, during the recent cold and snow?
I shoveled, I baked, I baked and I recovered chair...
OklaMoni
Dinner at 8 (#2)
Your celebrity guest is Elvis Presley. What is on the...
Amazing Aunt Audrey
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™