sheilajoyce_gwNovember 5, 2012

It sure got dark early tonight!!!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
jemdandy

It felt like I lost an hour somewhere.

Bookmark   November 5, 2012 at 5:00AM
houstonmom_gw

I'm not a fan of the time change, however I adjust almost immediately. So did my kids, which was a big blessing! I know some people struggle with it for days.

I really don't mind driving to the office in the dark prior to the time change, but I dislike it getting dark so early now. Last night I noticed it was pitch black at 6:30. It was always dark by about 5:45 when we lived in Chicago. HATED that! Driving home from work in the dark is awful!

Bookmark   November 5, 2012 at 10:42AM
lindaohnowga

I don't like the early darkness either. I would prefer to stay on Daylight Savings time year round.

Bookmark   November 5, 2012 at 10:58AM
bigack

Don't like it either!

Bookmark   November 5, 2012 at 4:57PM
terilyn

Hate it! I just had an"argument" with a four year old, it was five here, six where she is, it was dark there. She told me I couldn't tell time and something was wrong if it was light outside! She was also making letters out of glow strings and I had to guess what they were, was told I needed to practice my letters because I guessed wrong. I hate early dark!

Bookmark   November 5, 2012 at 6:43PM
dedtired

I woke up so early this morning that I had to take a nap this afternoon. I prefer DST. I just hate to think of the long dark winter ahead.

Bookmark   November 5, 2012 at 7:11PM
glenda_al

Dare not take my usual afternoon nap as I might sleep the whole night away.

Bookmark   November 5, 2012 at 7:15PM
cynic

I'd prefer to stay on year 'round DST. The argument around changing the date was for the poor kiddies on Halloween. It would get "dark too early" for them. Give me a break. We always waited until almost dark to go out so it'd interfere with our trick or treating.

Bookmark   November 5, 2012 at 7:36PM
littlebit_gw

To those that hate it! I love the fact that it has changed! Try being a school bus driver and having to pick up your 1st stop at 6:35am. It was so dark starting in the 1st part of Oct that you couldn't see anyone standing on the side of the road. Really dangerous.. Get close to stop, turn on light, stop leave light on until child got seated and then light off again..only to do it again at the next stop. I was tickled to be able to walk to the bus in the light for a change!
Now this spring I will be the first ready to go back.LOVE the longer light in the afternoon then..

Bookmark   November 6, 2012 at 12:08PM
More Discussions
Amazing Aunt Audrey
Site of the Day Mar 4
The Compliment Machine - do you need a compliment today?...
caseynfld
how do you clean black scuff marks off vinyl flooring?
A quick web search mentioned using the rubber sole...
pammyfay
Let's get to know each other March 1, 2015
Its been a really long time since we did this and I...
JoAnn_Fla
Heart failure!
Hi I'm just home from the Hospital with a congested...
francy13
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™