Halloween Horror Houses, do you go?

glenda_alOctober 12, 2012

Not me! No way! I do not enjoy being scared.

One here says you must be 14 and older. Local TV says better if you are 21.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
lazypup

Save your money and just stop here at my house for a coffee....I live in a house of horrors.....LOL

Bookmark   October 13, 2012 at 2:11AM
marilyn_sue

No, I never have been. Some of my kids have in the past.

Sue

Bookmark   October 13, 2012 at 8:39AM
jannie

No, I'm too scared!

Bookmark   October 13, 2012 at 8:39AM
Granlan_TX

I can't believe I made my kids go one time many years ago. The ones they have now are much more intense and scarey...not for me.

Bookmark   October 13, 2012 at 11:20AM
sandiefl

No way Jose! I can't even watch most tv shows lately.If it gets too intense I will turn the channel for a few seconds.
My kids and grandkids go to Halloween Horror Nights over in Orlando,and I tell them that I thoght that I raised them smarter than that!

Bookmark   October 13, 2012 at 11:29AM
YogaLady1948

I am with you Glenda I do not like to be scared~~BOO!!!

Bookmark   October 13, 2012 at 11:29AM
glenda_al

I overheard my son's stepdaughters talking about going few years back and how terribly scary it was and they were in their late teens early 20's.

This one so they say has gotten a lot scarier is why they had to put age restrictions on the admissions.

Bookmark   October 13, 2012 at 11:36AM
marie_ndcal

Years ago when our kids were in preteens etc, my neighbors fixed up a spooky thing in our garage. All went thru several times except my youngest who was less than 5. She started thru but I could see nightmares for years, so I warned my neighbors to be careful and they were so good. She only went thru once then I took her in the house. Oh it was a good one, even the older teens came out scared even though they knew who was doing it. It truly was fun. Sure wish I had taken pictures. So many memories. But to your answer? Now? NO WAY! Sad to say some of the movies etc may give kids the wrong ideas. ( a small minority)

Bookmark   October 13, 2012 at 12:46PM
petaloid

Our school converts the multi-purpose room into a haunted house and I will go into that. It is scary for most, but I just think it's really funny.

Spooky stuff is not really my thing, but I do like the costume/candy aspects of Halloween.

Bookmark   October 13, 2012 at 2:20PM
nodakgal

Nope. No way. No how. Never. Not my idea of fun at all!

Bookmark   October 13, 2012 at 5:30PM
drewsmaga

I've never gone. 6 yrs. ago I watched the 3 yr. old twins while DS and DDIL took the 5 and 7 yr. olds to the haunted house thing in Kemah, TX. The 5 yr. old was traumatized for hours! The 7 yr. old had fun.

Bookmark   October 14, 2012 at 12:22AM
jemdandy

Nope. It doesn't interest me. However, around here most of the 'haunted houses' are fund raisers sponsored by various organizations and these houses tend to large and more complex than the ordinary neighborhood job. I might go someday due to the fund raising aspect.

An aquaintence of ours owns a movie theater that has closed. He rents it out for meetings and shows. Almost every year, he puts on a Halloween show and fund raiser. Its usually a magic show of the smoke and mirror type, and at the end, he often has a surprise for the audience. One year, the lights were turned down to near darkness and when a 'ghost' was 'accidentaly' released on stage, the audience could feel faint wisps of someting on their necks and cold puffs of air in their hair. It was a very good effect.

Bookmark   October 14, 2012 at 3:21AM
jannie

When I was about 10, I was in Camp Fire Girls. We had a Halloween party just for our group/troop. It was a fun house theme. You went through blindfolded and put your hands in bowls of various gross things-olives were eyeballs, cold spaghetti was worms, etc. Only after you had been through the fun house could you see what you had been touching. It was good clean fun, not scary. I don't like scary movies or heights or anything frightening. And I don't enjoy crowds.My kids never had much interest in Halloween, except for dressing up and getting candy. They usually had a party at school.

Bookmark   October 14, 2012 at 8:43AM
SunnyDJ

I would never, ever go through one BUT, years ago, I helped with one...I was the devil (don't know why they asked me to play that)...It was held in very large, used to be restraunt and the tranformation was unbelievable....I was to sit in what was a cave, that had been completely done in foil and in one corner, we had a red light...It did look very scary...I'd sit there, and I guess I did look like a dummy until someone would poke their heads into the cave and then I'd move...They had all sorts of horrible creatures wondering through the building and plenty of little decorated holes in the wall scenes...I went through it during the day and when we were getting ready for the public but, I'd never have gone through at night.....But we did have fun!

Bookmark   October 14, 2012 at 3:13PM
sjerin

Even as a kid I hated them as I frighten easily. I remember dreading the possibility that a friend might suggest it; I would either have to admit I'm a big baby or suffer through it. I don't recall having to visit a scary one, just one that was homemade and rather lame, thank goodness.

Bookmark   October 14, 2012 at 5:51PM
teresava

I don't like them, the are too scary for me, but I am a self-proclaimed scaredy cat!! Can't even watch horror movies I prefer my sleep too much and don't want nightmares. The movies now are too gross and graphic.

Bookmark   October 14, 2012 at 6:31PM
minnie_tx

Went once years ago in Miami our group dance classs went as a group nice to have someone to hang on to

Bookmark   October 14, 2012 at 9:19PM
More Discussions
Book of the Week
The Martian : a novel / Andy Weir. This is one of the...
stacey_mb
My 600 lb Life
I have been watching this program the past few weeks,...
enjoyingspring
How do I make an avatar?
kathyg_in_mi
Williamsburg, VA.
We have about 8" of snow right now. A very heavy...
Georgysmom
Survivor Reminder - Season 30!
Yes, the "junk food of television" starts...
countrycottageklutz
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™