Lost and Found

OklaMoniOctober 12, 2012

Yet another charger eluded me for a bit... but this time, I found it within 20 minutes. I consider myself lucky, cause last charger I hunted for, hid out for about two weeks.

How/where do you keep your various chargers?

I have one for my headlight (two weeks to find),

one for my coby tablet/ e reader (found this evening, after realizing it was missing),

one for my phone (actually, two, as one is a car charger, that lives in the car, and

one for my toothbrush

I think, I may have to dedicate a drawer for chargers?

Moni

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
OnAHolliday

DON'T!!!! Trust me....
It will become the drawer of unused chargers. I had a drawer filled with so many chargers from past cordless items that I could have been featured on that hoarder show!

let them go... let them join their respective partners and rest in peace.

Bookmark   October 12, 2012 at 10:36PM
OnAHolliday

Sorry Moni... I just had charger relapse... SHIVVERS!

Bookmark   October 12, 2012 at 10:37PM
lydia1959

I hate rechargeable anything... I like old fashioned plug-in stuff! I do have a charger for my phone and I have a rechargeable dust-buster... everything else plugs right into an outlet or uses batteries.

Bookmark   October 12, 2012 at 10:56PM
iowagirl2006

But that old charger just might fit something someday..and then you are going to say "I should have kept that charger" ..

LOL!

Bookmark   October 12, 2012 at 10:57PM
carol_in_california

I keep the two I have in a drawer and always, always, always but them away in the same place after I use one of them.
Oh,and I keep on in the car for the cell phone.

Bookmark   October 12, 2012 at 11:02PM
glenda_al

I lost my camera battery charger on recent cruise.

Sigh!

Bookmark   October 12, 2012 at 11:05PM
threejs

I picked a spot near my computer and placed a power bar there with the chargers plugged in it at all times. When I come in the phone, ipod, camera batteries and laptop if I have it out gets put right on its' charger. The rechargable house phone sits on that same shelf. Anyone visiting knows just where the chargers are, and most are likely to charge up while near one than not. I can tell from the ends of each charger what goes with each unit but I also took plain stickers and wrote on each charger what it was for. If I leave home for an extended period of time, they go with me in a zip lock baggie.

Bookmark   October 12, 2012 at 11:13PM
Nita__AZ

I do the same as threej's and it works great. Here in the motor home they are all kept in the cabinet over the door. After being used they are put back.

Bookmark   October 13, 2012 at 2:23AM
wantoretire_did

I finally wised up and now MARK THEM with masking tape and keep them in one drawer in the kitchen. If something dies, the charger goes with it to electronic heaven.

Bookmark   October 13, 2012 at 4:18AM
OklaMoni

Thanks threej's. Great idea. Only problem l have, this old house has to few outlets. I guess, I will go with a dedicated drawer. I just have to get in the habit of putting them away, so I can find them again

Moni

Bookmark   October 13, 2012 at 7:09AM
threejs

If you get a power bar that would solve one problem of too few outlets. At the cottage I used one of the six outlet boxes that just fits in one outlet. Most bars now come with power surgers on them which doubles their value.

Bookmark   October 13, 2012 at 7:22AM
jannie

I keep my chargers on a corner table in my family room.

Bookmark   October 13, 2012 at 8:35AM
katlan

I have a round, fabric covered box that holds all sorts of cords, chargers, etc. Holliday, you're right, there are cords in that box from years ago. However.....

iowagirl is also right. I just recently found a cord that had been in there literally for years and it and the appliance it went to still worked, yay.

And I also, finally, do what wantoretire does, I mark the cord with masking tape. If something dies, the cord goes with it.

Glenda, did you check with the company, or ck ebay for a replacement cord for your camera? I'm sure you can find one.

Bookmark   October 13, 2012 at 8:44AM
OklaMoni

I have a sharpie that writes in silver. Perfect for marking on black background! I marked all my chargers this morning.

Moni

Bookmark   October 13, 2012 at 2:33PM
marilyn_sue

My phone charger is by my bed and I plug my cell phone in each night. My husband's is the same. My laptop is always plugged in, so I don't lose my chargers. My laptop is always on my little desk.

Sue

Bookmark   October 13, 2012 at 2:54PM
maddielee

I made a charging station, using a photo box , power bar and grommets from the fabric store.

Like the one in the link below, except the photo storage box is bigger (already pretty, no covering necessary) , and the grommets were the large ones for drapes.

Here is a link that might be useful: Charging station

Bookmark   October 13, 2012 at 3:18PM
JoAnn_Fla

If they are small enough just put them in a ziplock bag, hang it in your closet (you can even use a hanger) or put it in a drawer. Just don't forget where you put it!

Bookmark   October 13, 2012 at 6:26PM
ruthie_tn

on the nightstand beside the bed

Bookmark   October 13, 2012 at 9:54PM
curlysue

I do the same as threejs, I have a power strip under my end table--I keep all my chargers on there, laptop, Kindle, phone, - lamp and house phone, candle melt pot, oh and the small fan I use all the time (menopause) are plugged in there too. It does kill several birds with one stone, it is so handy, right by my big chair and now I don't have to unplug something to plug a charger in for something else. Seemed like before I was constantly switching plugs around.

Bookmark   October 15, 2012 at 11:15AM
rob333

on pegs inside of a cabinet. We wrap the cords up so that they're fairly short and then hook the ends on a pushpin. Works great! They're all in the bathroom. Why? So we remember to take the phone to work/school after getting ready, for instance.

Bookmark   October 15, 2012 at 11:32AM
More Discussions
Skin Tags & Warts
Yea, I know, nasty, right? But anywhoo, I have them....
lisaw2015
New trend-fighting the bullies
So have you seen this going on? It just warms the cockles...
rob333
Trying to give up diet soda.
Do y'all have any suggestions what I can replace those...
moonie_57
Advice: Would this bother you?
I was involved in a car accident a few weeks ago. ...
pawprint1
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™