Elaine NJ and others in harms way

glenda_alOctober 29, 2012

Check in when you can and let us know how you are.

Thoughts for everyone!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
susanjf_gw

the rain just started..i can hear it pinging against the windows...wonder if there might be a bit of snow in the mix? the map shows some in the flint area (about an hour north of us), but not here in oakland county (mi) even with the double pane windows it's almost drafty..may have to up the heater a bit...and change the summer sheers in the office to the lined ones sigh...

oh on lake huron they were surfing at dinnertime...people had tied their outdoor furniture down with ropes...

Bookmark   October 30, 2012 at 1:01AM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
azzalea

I answered on one of the other storm threads, but we managed well. No damage, still have power, looks as if the neighbors are all fine--and their cars which many parked at our house, since we have fewer trees.

I'm hoping my BIL is okay--he insisted upon staying in their home--which is on Absecon Island. I know the place was flooded earlier, then they had the evening storm surge and high tide on top--am worried about him. Another sister has a summer home on Brigantine--and the reports were that that whole island was under 2-3 feet of water by middle of the day yesterday. It will be sad if the house is destroyed--my dad built it himself, with his own hands, it's been in the family for over 55 years

Bookmark   October 30, 2012 at 8:45AM
More Discussions
Today is "Dr Seuss Day!"
A genius! You loved him, your kids loved him, now your...
Amazing Aunt Audrey
Susie53gw
I emailed you and it didn't go thru. Wanted to touch...
cheryl_okla
What did you think of Battle Creek last nite?
It was advertised so much, I thought it would have...
Jasdip
Wine & Painting Classes
Is this a local phenomenon, or are these wine &...
party_music50
5 word game
Start with a word and from that word create 5 new words...
ravencajun Zone 8b TX
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™