Do you have handles on your cabinets that "stick out" the ends?

sjerinOctober 23, 2012

I think they're referred to as European pulls and have been around awhile. Some people on the GW Kitchens site say they catch on your clothes and others say they don't. I thought I'd poll you gals and hopefully get a better feel for whether they'll work or not. TIA

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
maire_cate

It depends what you're wearing. We had them at a summer vacation rental and my bathrobe sleeves caught on them often. But I didn't have trouble otherwise.

Bookmark   October 23, 2012 at 8:55PM
jasdip

I googled what you meant. I love those handles, on dark wood cabinets. I had never thought of catching my clothing on them, but I can see where a sleeve would get caught all the time.

Bookmark   October 23, 2012 at 9:02PM
nicole__

European Bar Pulls?
http://www.myknobs.com/stainless-bar-pulls.html

I mixed those with bow handles. I've never gotton my clothes caught on the bar pulls...

I would imagine they'd be going out to style soon. They've been around for about 20 years now. :0)

Bookmark   October 23, 2012 at 9:35PM
susan_on

We have them and we hate them! Both of us go around listening to our iPods, and the cord always catches in them and unplugs the iPod. They look nice, but I'm going to replace mine.

Bookmark   October 23, 2012 at 9:35PM
jemdandy

All the handles/pulls on my kitchen cabinets exend outward, but there has not been any clothes snagging problem. I suppose this is because there are no knobs; all are 'closed' handles, e.g., both ends fastened to the drawer or door. Clothing merely slides over the closed handles.

Bookmark   October 23, 2012 at 10:54PM
caroline1947

I hate them.Im always ripping pockets on them!

Bookmark   October 24, 2012 at 7:40AM
chisue

Ditto Caroline's post! My kitchen drawer handles extend half an inch beyond the anchor bolts and Riiippp my robe pockets! Both those and the egg-shaped knobs on cabinet doors have backplates that save the wood from fingernail scratches. (Now if I could get DH to USE the pulls to CLOSE the doors!)

Bookmark   October 24, 2012 at 11:48AM
More Discussions
Happy swap from Jacqueline
My swap from Jacqueline....such a happy package, with...
phyllis__mn
Jublia
Does anyone use Jublia for toenail fungus? I hear...
jenson13
The REAL Friday/Weekend Quiz
Wow, I didn't even notice till this morning that I...
Jasdip
My Mother
We just had last rites performed for my mother. Hospice...
ravencajun Zone 8b TX
New trend-fighting the bullies
So have you seen this going on? It just warms the cockles...
rob333
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™