What's for dinner Friday?

patti43October 19, 2012

Wow, I sure am late! I'll tell you about my day another time. Harry's DD went to dinner with a friend so tonight we're just having toasted egg salad sandwiches and chips. Too tired for anything harder than that!

What are you having tonight?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
azzalea

We just finished a nice dinner of: ham steak with peach sauce, glazed carrots, broccoli and homemade corn muffins.

Bookmark   October 19, 2012 at 6:10PM
Country Sunflower

Spaghetti n meatballs... made with home made pasta sauce from our roasted summer veggies.... and it smells sooo good simmering on the stove.. I no longer make my own pasta though... We will have a salad, and garlic toast to go with it..

Bon Apetite'

Carolyn

glenda_al

My lunch and dessert was delicious, but not good health wise! Gonna be waddling lot more if I continue this.

5 Guys: little burger with mayo, lettuce, grilled onions and mushrooms.

Plus pumpkin pecan cheesecake ice cream at Brusters!

susan_on

Stuffed peppers with peppers from the garden.

Bookmark   October 19, 2012 at 6:17PM
rhizo_1 (North AL) zone 7

I've got a chicken thawed for spatchcocking, but don't know if I feel like having that. :-( Might just be a free for all night.

Bookmark   October 19, 2012 at 6:33PM
marilyn_sue

I did not feel like fixing anything at all so I just ate a piece of un frosted white cake and some iced tea. Cleaning beans and canning again this afternoon.

Sue

Bookmark   October 19, 2012 at 6:34PM
ravencajun Zone 8b TX

Sliced red potatoes topped with boneless skinless chicken breast all smothered in a garlic Parmesan sauce and baked in the oven.

Bookmark   October 19, 2012 at 6:40PM
gadgets

Close your eyes, patti, when you come to mine. I had pork, sauerkraut, mashed potatoes, and a slice of fresh oat bread.

Shirley

Bookmark   October 19, 2012 at 6:51PM
marilyn_c

Fish. A friend of Jody's brought us some grouper. Jody wants it baked, and I want it fried. So, I will fry mine...and then fight him off of it when he realizes mine is better than his.

Bookmark   October 19, 2012 at 7:11PM
dees_1

We had a ragu of sauteed onions, mushrooms, zucchini, yellow squash and tomatos (canned with oregano and rosemary) served over rosemary parmesean polenta.

Bookmark   October 19, 2012 at 10:22PM
lindalou

ravencajun, i would love your recipe for your garlic parmesan sauce. sounds heavenly!!! :)

Bookmark   October 20, 2012 at 11:32AM
patti43

Well, I did it again. All you dinners sound so good. Okay, except the sauerkraut, Shirley :-) I must've been super tired because I commented on everyone's dinner, but I obviously forgot to hit "Submit" after I "Previewed". Rats!

Marilyn, I have to say I'd fight for the fried grouper, too. How lucky are you guys to get grouper--for free. Hope you enjoyed it.

Bookmark   October 20, 2012 at 12:53PM
ravencajun Zone 8b TX

lindalou it is excellent and so easy here you go

sorry couldn't help myself lol
That is what I use it is by Ragu in their cheezy sauces series.

Spray my casserole dish with pam. I slice thinly red potatoes or any type will do, you can slice some onion in there too if you like, then sprinkle some salt and pepper on the potatoes (I just use pepper because the sauce has salt in it) lay my chicken pieces on top pour the sauce over it all, top with a hand full of grated cheese (I had colby jack available so that is what I used) put in the oven at 400 for an hour or so, check for potatoes doneness and that the thickest chicken is done.
I always get compliments on it and asked for the recipe.
Could not be much easier. It is a good go to funeral dinner meal.

Bookmark   October 20, 2012 at 1:39PM
More Discussions
Today is "Dress in Blue Day"
Support Colon Cancer Awareness
Amazing Aunt Audrey
A new Random Letters game
Remember this one? You post a string of 6-7 random...
ravencajun Zone 8b TX
Alisande
a joke for you
As a bagpiper, I play many gigs. Recently I was asked...
Alisande
TPMS vehicle tire system
TPMS, Tire Pressure Monitoring System, where one is...
lucillle
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™