What's for dinner Saturday?

patti43October 6, 2012

It's football Saturday at our house. We're having chicken stir-fry for dinner. Frozen blueberry salad "cupcakes", too.

What are you having for dinner?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
glenda_al

IHopped, today!

Senior 2x2x2 Two eggs over easy, two pancakes, two sausage links.

I like to put my eggs over one pancake to soak up the runny yolks, and the other one on a separate plate for syrup. Good day for brunch!

Bookmark   October 6, 2012 at 5:59PM
gadgets

Glenda: After my mother fixed pancakes for our huge brood, she'd fix herself one large one and top it with an egg. You brought back a memory today.

I had an open-faced pulled pork sandwich. I cooked 4 different vegetables in some freshly made chicken broth, so had that as my side dish.

Shirley

Bookmark   October 6, 2012 at 6:07PM
Georgysmom

I'm going to make Mexican potatoes...essentially a taco but served over a baked potato instead. Easier to eat and I love them!

Bookmark   October 6, 2012 at 6:17PM
marilyn_sue

I had a large tomato from our garden and cut into wedge shapes and put a bunch of cottage cheese in the center. That was my supper along with some Club crackers and iced tea to drink. After baking all afternoon, didn't feel like cooking up much for myself.

Sue

Bookmark   October 6, 2012 at 6:25PM
patti43

Our stir-fry was crapola ;-) I didn't even bother to save the leftovers since neither of us would eat it. I hate it when that happens but that's a chance you take, I guess.

Wish I'd had pancakes, Glenda. Whenever I mention pancakes to Harry he's a happy camper.

Shirley, I'd love to have some of your vegetables. Which veggies did you cook together in the broth?

Georgysmom, those do sound good. Enjoy!

Sue, I don't blame you one bit. You did a heck of a lot of baking today and just smelling those wonderful smells fills me up. Hope you had Michigan brand cottage cheese with that tomato :-)

Oops--FSU is playing now! See 'ya later.

Bookmark   October 6, 2012 at 8:13PM
OnAHolliday

Soup for DW. I hate to call it "leftover" soup as it's made in a quantity to be eaten a few times as part of her low calorie pursuits (read diet). There aren't many foods as tasty, nutrient rich and diet friendly as a vegetable heavy soup.
I will certainly label my dinner "leftovers" as it's the other half of the pizza I made yesterday evening.

Bookmark   October 6, 2012 at 8:28PM
gadgets

Cabbage, celery, carrots, and one small potato cubed to satisfy my potato cravings went into my broth. I meant to add corn, but it slipped my mind.

Shirley

Bookmark   October 6, 2012 at 9:00PM
Nita__AZ

We had the rest of the lemon chicken, rice and corn from last night.

We drove all day in the motor home and are now in Fredericksburg, Texas. Will be here for 3 days. It is Octoberfest weekend so lots going on. Cold here so will have the heater going tonight.

Bookmark   October 6, 2012 at 9:28PM
carol_in_california

We went to an Oktoberfest party last night....potluck....so I cooked sauerkraut all day with a smoked pork hock. We had enough to bring home.
I sliced the left over pork roast in thick slices and buried it the sauerkraut and baked it in the oven. I heated up the potatoes and carrots topped with some green beans and it turned out to be one of the best suppers we have had in a long time. I would rate it as excellent!

Bookmark   October 6, 2012 at 9:49PM
More Discussions
Why would a celll phone addict invite someone on an outing and then --
-- not tear themself away from their cell phone?
eclair
Robotic Vac's
What is your opinion of the Roomba or Robotic vacuum...
ruthieg_tx
Houzz, no moving forum?
Having trouble getting myself motivated. Need to clean...
josephene_gw
Watch it free
since some of you haven't seen The Best Exotic Marigold...
JoAnn_Fla
when does your "Spring Cleaning" start?
This time around I'm going to be organized about it....
Amazing Aunt Audrey
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™