What's for dinner Friday?

patti43October 26, 2012

Our refrigerator/freezer in the garage is on the fritz again. Repairman coming between 5 and 7 tonight. In the meantime I have everything important in the house and it sure is crowded in the freezer section. Hope it can be repaired. If not, we're going to look at used appliances as this one we bought new 5 years ago. Our weather is pretty tough on them though.

I put a corned beef and red potatoes in the crockpot this morning. I'll cook some carrots and onions in the broth. Maybe some cabbage, too. I made a coconut toffee pound cake this afternoon, so if we have room, we'll have a slice.

What are you having for dinner tonight?

BTW--it's just windy as all get out here. Sure glad Sandy isn't any closer to shore than she is!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
marilyn_sue

We didn't get as much rain today as I thought we would, but has been overcast all day. For supper I just had a ham sandwich on toast with gingerbread and Cool Whip for desert.

Sue

Bookmark   October 26, 2012 at 5:23PM
marilyn_c

I was going to put some chicken out to thaw...and I forgot to do it. Looks like it may be sandwiches or a can of chili. I have been wanting shrimp creole since I read Debn's post about it. My husband still has a shrimp boat and has been getting it ready to go shrimping, but the season is about over. I hope he hurries up and get a few, if only small ones for the freezer.

Bookmark   October 26, 2012 at 5:35PM
glenda_al

Hartley's Down Home Cooking: hamburger steak with grilled onions, green beans, squash casserole.

I had a coupon for $1 off for meat and 2

Had one for $5 off on $25 or more, and gave it to a group sitting in booth in front of me.

Bookmark   October 26, 2012 at 5:39PM
gadgets

I had a pork roast that I added potatoes, carrots, and cabbage to it once it had cooked a while. Very good. When I cook something like that, I usually overindulge....not a lot, but enough that it was unnecessary.

Beautiful here today in my part of Ohio. I've enjoyed every minute of it.

Shirley

Bookmark   October 26, 2012 at 6:26PM
phyllis__mn

A bowl of left-over cream of celery soup and stuffed peppers. Good thing I don't have to cook for anyone else. I had many years of the meat and potato meals to make.

Bookmark   October 26, 2012 at 6:34PM
YogaLady1948

I went to Mexican lunch with a pal, had a soy latte after, so feeling a bit stuffed. Planned roast beef sandwiches for DH~~~veggie for me, I also bought potato salad, cole slaw and blackberries at Sprouts to go with it. We do not do desserts, DH will snack on something in the evening and if I have anything it will be coconut milk yogurt or micro popcorn~~~

Bookmark   October 26, 2012 at 6:37PM
patti43

The refrigerator guy got here a little after 5. Replaced the relay, which took less than 10 minutes and cost $212.00. Still cheaper than a used refrigerator and it has a warranty. Sigh! It's always something!!

Sue, glad you didn't get a lot of rain--I think! You've had quite a bit lately, haven't you? You may be getting more before the weekend is over.

Marilyn, Deb's creole made me hungry for shrimp anything. Sure hope you get some shrimp soon. I'd just live vicariously through your description of it :-)

Shirley, enjoy that beautiful weather because I'm not hearing very good things about your forecast come Monday. Take care and stock up on anything you may want/need before then. That storm has the potential to be very, very bad.

Phyllis, you make me smile. It sounds nice to eat whatever you want and I know what you mean about years of meat and potatoes.

YogaLady, what fun to have lunch with a friend. I love Mexican (but with meat ;-) But I'd like your dinner. What?? No desserts, ever???

Glenda, once again your lunch is making my mouth water. Nice to have a coupon and I'm sure those people appreciated your coupon.

Bookmark   October 26, 2012 at 6:53PM
debnfla8b

Why I had Shrimp Creole!.....hahahaha Fixed rice and garlic bread with it. Sliced peaches with whipped cream for dessert. I love seafood and since I live on the gulf we eat seafood a lot. Everyone's supper sounds delicious.

Deb

Bookmark   October 26, 2012 at 6:58PM
patti43

Deb, especially yours!!

Bookmark   October 26, 2012 at 8:05PM
hounds_x_two

Taco meat, lettuce, tomato, onion, fat free refried beans, hot sauce

Bookmark   October 26, 2012 at 9:08PM
More Discussions
Answering phone, left or right ear?
I just realized when answering a phone I pick it up...
pekemom
Pay off my house or buy a new one?
I'm thinking about retirement. Thinking about having...
Kathsgrdn
Wigs
Anyone wear one? Some acquaintances of mine do,...
lucillle
Overhead drone video of a local island
These drone videos always make me feel a bit dizzy...
cherryfizz
Which do you handle better, excessive heat or cold?
If you had to choose to either be uncomfortably hot...
pickyshopper
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™