Did something I have NEVER done before-what do you think?

marie_ndcalOctober 24, 2012

I received a really nice group of thought about taking care of our loved ones, telling them how much we love them etc. I thought --boy these are really good thoughts, and then the very last sentence cancelled everything. It was asking us to vote against a politician. That one thought to me destroyed the entire message. What was really annoying it came from a close dear relative. I responded back that the person they asked me to vote against, was also a family person and they did have a loving family and because I know many of these people who received and sent this message are very active in a church to me was was a lack of respect. Will see what happens now. So disappointed.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
patti43

Marie, that is wrong in so many ways. Those things are so hurtful. I've been getting a lot of not so nice e-mails concerning politics. I just hit "Reply" and tell them not everyone agrees with their political view and please check Snopes before sending them. I also ask that they not send anything political to me. Hey, if it hurts their feelings, too bad. That's why I'm grateful this site doesn't allow it!!

Bookmark   October 24, 2012 at 6:46PM
phyllis__mn

I have a friend that sends political email, and most of them I can debunk and send her the Snopes thought on it. Last time I returned her message, with "I love you, but hate your politics" in bold red print.

Bookmark   October 25, 2012 at 8:56AM
chisue

If the candidate can't persuade you about his own character and policies he resorts to ATTACKING his opposition.

Bookmark   October 25, 2012 at 10:16AM
susanjf_gw

it's been a rough season this year...i think though, the worst was one where ms coulter called the president of the usa, a retard??? now not only was that offensive to the president, that term is sooo hurtful to anyone with a family memeber with disibilities..

Bookmark   October 25, 2012 at 11:47AM
sjerin

You're feeling sorry you mildly told this person that what they sent was extremely unkind and highly likely full of lies?? Please, use stronger (not foul,) words than that! My elderly neighbor who has just started using a computer is believing all the vile crapola that is sent to him--makes me sick and very angry.

Bookmark   October 25, 2012 at 12:44PM
More Discussions
Dinner at 8 (#3)
Your celebrity guest is Pauline Phillips aka Abigail...
Amazing Aunt Audrey
Sandie's husband died yesterday. :(
I hate to tell you all this, but here's my email from...
Granlan TX
Let's start a Chain Reaction Game! Get some activity going here.
We played this one before so it should be familiar...
ravencajun Zone 8b TX
5 word game
Start with a word and from that word create 5 new words...
ravencajun Zone 8b TX
First this, and then . . .
I hope this will be my last winter whine. Yesterday...
Alisande
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™